Chapter 14: The borderline

Rui Wei was sitting on the bed, her long azure hair was braided, her Icy gaze looked at the girl in front of her, on her lap was Ruzi who was also looking at Sona.

The atmosphere was tense.

Sona stood in front of Rui Wei, like a statue. Her face was struck with disbelief, awe, and respect.

She couldn't believe that Rui Wei was still alive. She was in awe that Rui Wei; despite being a water mage, managed to escape that fire along with Ruzi. And she respected Rui Wei, when she learned that she couldn't see Rui Wei's cultivation anymore...

Clearly, approximately 1 year ago... Young mistress, was only a ranked 1 mage... A complete beginner.... But now, Young Mistress has actually higher cultivation than her... Isn't her Young Mistress actually a genius? Who said that water mages were wastes?

She just stared at Rui Wei for a uncomfortably long time.

"Ahem." Rui Wei faked a cough, snapping her back to reality.

"Take a sit." Rui Wei pointed the seat behind Sona. Her gaze was stuck on Rui Wei as she sat.

"How--?" Before Sona could even say anything Rui Wei cut her off.

"I will tell you when it's time...." Rui Wei avoided the topic, looking at the window with a melancholy look. Sona bowed down, acknowledging Rui Wei's small lie.

Rui Wei looked at the girl sitting in front of her.

'Oi, aren't you way too easy to convince?! Where's the twist?! Shouldn't you at least ask the reason why?!' Rui Wei couldn't help but sigh at Sona's loyalty. It was really hard to understand as to why Sona is loyal to her...

Rui Wei just passed the scroll to Sona, as to finish her business. Sona received the scroll with a puzzled face, but after she finished reading the scroll, her face displayed a serious look.

--

"Young Mistress, travelling on the Dragonsvein Kingdom is a bit...." Sona worriedly looked at me.

She's probably worried that Ruzi who is still child, would be uncomfortable the whole time. And there's also the chance on running with the bandits although the chances are low, it's still quite worrying as there is no clear information about the bandits cultivation levels and numbers.

The Dragonsvein Kingdom's first monarch was a very lucky asshole who encountered an severely injured dragon, who was in it's death bed... The Dragonsvein Kingdom first monarch slayed the injured dragon with difficulty, although the Dragon was on it's deathbed, it was still a mighty dragon who was above all the races... Compared to the dragonsvein first monarch who was back then, a mere low saint ranked magician, the Dragon had still the strength to fight back.

After slaying the Dragon, The first monarch refined the Dragon's Blood and drank it. The first Monarch of the dragonsvein kingdom, had his Qi Vein evolve into a vein comparable to a dragon, In short the dragonsvein kingdom's first Monarch was really lucky asshole, after his Qi vein evolved, he of course, had a continuous breakthrough. It was the peak of his life, in mere 50 years, the first monarch built a kingdom.

But, hundred years ago, that lucky asshole-- I mean, first monarch suddenly disappeared. There were all kinds of rumor floating around as to why the first monarch disappeared, but the most believable rumor is.... The first monarch of the dragonsvein was disposed by a dragon. The dragon was of course related to the dragon who he slayed. I heard that Dragon also lived on Galle Mountain peak.

On the path towards the Dragonsvein kingdom, we'll have to cross the Galle Mountain peak. That is why Sona is quite worried about the trip.

"Oh, about that, don't worry. I have my ways." My mouth curved upwards, as I fixedly looked at Sona. She stared at me, and nodded her head in acknowledgement.