Prologue

Normal POV

You woke up with a smile in your face, which was odd since you usually wake up all grumpy and full of well...anything but life. But today felt different. Today you felt rejuvenated, yes rejuvenated. Maybe because it was a Saturday and you were able to sleep in. You got up and did your morning routine. After dried your hair as you letting your hair messy, you went downstairs afterwards to make yourself some breakfast, noticing the small note stuck to the fridge

Dear (M/N)

Your father and I are on a business trip and we won't be back for the next week or so. Please DO NOT skip school, don't burn the house down,  no parties whatsoever, do not stay out too late, make sure to lock the doors at night, don't forget to water your mom's indoor plants, KEEP THE HOUSE CLEAN, and stay safe son. c:

With much love, Dad & Mom

You rolled your eyes and smiled as you stuck the note back onto the fridge. Since laziness kicked in, you just decided to eat toast instead cooking for yourself. You silently thought to yourself as you spread some jam on your toast.

'It's awfully quiet this morning....it's kinda nice'. You thought.

Well, you just jinxed yourself....

BANG! BANG! BANG!

A loud banging at your front door made you jump in surprise, slightly choking on your toast. "(M/N)-CHAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!" You face palmed. Oikawa. No wonder why it was so quiet, he hasn't come to bother you yet. Well, this peaceful quietness was now ruined. You debated whether you should open the door or not.

You decided against it until you heard him call you out again. "(M/N)-CHAAANN! OPEN THE DOOR! THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!!" he yelled. Out of irritation, you were about to open the door and tell him off until you heard a second voice. A child-like one at that. "You're hurting my ears." The voice said. "Yeah? Well deal with it kid. I never wanted to watch you in the first place! If it wasn't for your mom being friends with my mom, then I wouldn't have agreed to babysit you!" You heard Oikawa argue back.

At last, you decided to open the door.

There you saw Oikawa sticking out his tongue at the child he was holding in his arms. The child was just staring at him blankly, and finally turned his head to you. When seeing you, with your hair still messy, cheeks puffed, slightly stuffed with toast, the little one amazed slightly. "Handsome nii-chan..." He muttered quietly. However, this did not go unheard by the two older teenagers.

You smiled lightly at the little boy while Oikawa scowled. "EHHH?!?! You stay away from him you little brat! (M/N)-chan is my boyfriend! Are you even listening to me?!" Oikawa shouted at the child. "Since when you swing that way Trashykawa?" You said. Oikawa pouted in disappointment. You rolled  your eyes and took the toddler out of the males arms. With his little arms around your neck, you asked for his name.

"Tobio. Kageyama Tobio." He said, with a small blush on his cheeks as he still had amazed face. "Ohayou, Tobio-kun. My name is (L/N) (M/N) , it's nice to meet you." You said giving a charming smile. "Tobio nodded as he ducked his head, attempting to hide his red chubby cheeks.

~~~

Tobio was sitting in the kitchen, sipping on some milk as you got Oikawa in the lounge room, having him explain why he showed up on your doorstep with a three year old child. "You see (M/N)-chan, my mom's friend showed up with this brat, and said if I could watch him for the next week while her and her husband go on their anniversary trip to Paris. I could've said no, but since I'm such a nice person, I took the squirt under my wing."

Oikawa said with a proud look on his face. You smacked him on the head, "Oikawa, you baka." You said. Anime tears streamed down his face as he rubbed the back of his head. "(M-M/N)-chan, I think Iwa-chan has rubbed off on you." He pouted. You sighed and shook your head. "So, since you have no knowledge whatsoever about taking care of children, you decided to come to me for help right?"

You asked. Oikawa nodded in response. Of course he would. From the three years he's known you, he found out you had a soft spot for kids. And a chance to take care of a child with you? Acting like a family, even though he didn't particularly like the kid he was watching. But why would he care? It was you after all. "Here's the information his mom gave me."

Oikawa handed you a small booklet covered in volleyball and baby crow stickers, titled: Kageyama Tobio's Handbook. (M/N) opened to the first page of the booklet

-Daycare at Karasuno Daycare from 8am-3pm

-Favorite drinks are juice, yogurt drinks and milk

-Favorite food is pork curry with egg.

-Enjoy's playing volleyball

Before you could finish the first page, Oikawa piped up. "Ha! That little brat likes to play volleyball? I bet he'll never be as good as me! Am I right, (M/N)-chan?" He looked at you with his hopeful eyes. You rolled your eyes and responded, "Who knows? Maybe he'll grow to surpass you, Trashykawa." Arrows pierced their way through Oikawa's heart. "(M-M/N)-chan..."

Oikawa said with a hand over his heart. Just when you were about to finish reading the booklet, you felt someone tug at the hem of your shirt. You looked down to see big, dark hues looking up at you. "(M/N)-nii chan, I finished my milk." He said, pointing toward the kitchen. You couldn't help but let a big grin etch on your face as you picked him up, hugged him firmly and placing a gentle kiss on his cheek.

"Awww~Oikawa, he's so cute!" You said looking at Tobio, who's eyes widened. In another adorable attempt to hide his blushing face, the toddler buried his face in the crook of your neck, his tiny arms firmly hugging your neck. "Aww~Tobio, you're so cute!" You said walking away from Oikawa, with Tobio in your arms. Oikawa could only watch with his jaw dropped.

Just like that, a little kid was able to take your attention away from him, the Oikawa Tooru. Oikawa gave the kid in your arms a slight glare. 'So that's how it's gonna be?  Fine, Tobio-chan. From now on, this is war."

You © Reader

Oikawa Tooru and others © Haruichi Furudate

Plot © alymxy from Wattpad