Just One Night - Before You Read

Hello and welcome to Just One Night!

Before you read this book, I want to clarify a few things that have, quite frankly, been pissing me off in the comments.

So while you read (if you decide to), keep these simple things in mind:

1) This book was written in 2012. Specifically, I started it in January 2012 (uploaded it in March though), and finished it in July 2012. That's a really long freaking time ago.

2) I was SIXTEEN when I wrote this. SIX.TEEN. I knew absolutely nothing about the world and I was kinda naive to be perfectly honest.

3) I based Taylor off of myself. Taylor Quessie is based on what I wanted to be at sixteen. I was the kind of girl who was so desperate to be liked by a guy that I was willing to say "I'm not like other girls" (Thank god I grew out of that). I just wanted to screw someone and get it over with because I didn't do relationships, and yet somehow whenever I'd talk to a guy he'd be a crazy person who claimed he loved me. It was a really annoying time if I'm honest.

4) PLEASE STOP COMMENTING ON THE OUTFITS. Yes, they suck. Yes, I'm aware they're old and dated. But again, 2012. God she wears a shirt that says "I'm Rawr-some", because I actually WAS wearing that shirt when I wrote that scene. 

5) Sticking with the "I'm not like other girls" mentality, I used to think that makeup was a waste of time and I could totally just get away with bare minimums. These days I'm either lazy and do nothing or I go foundation, concealer, baking, contour, eyes, lips, the whole deal guys.

6) I have changed, times have changed, and I understand that I wrote this book with a very specific time frame in mind. I used to think you had to put specific dates to make it relatable, but now I've learned that all it does it severely date your book.

7) Literally half the names in this are taken from real people. Misty is a girl I was friends with in high school. Brittany is the name of my step-sister-in-law. Jennifer is my actual step-mom. Alan is my dad's middle name. Cammei is a friend I met through wattpad. God I zero originality when it comes to naming people. Or coming up with anything. Tay's birthday is the same day as mine. Cam's birthday is based on a friend of mine who messaged me when I was trying to figure out when his birthday should be. The offer Tay's English teacher gives her is the same one my English teacher (who's first name is Wendy, by the way) gave me. I actually did go to UIL though, it was fun.

And I think that's it. But I just wanted to get this stuff cleared up because yes, I know my story is old. Please stop reminding me.

But on another note, I love you guys. Some of you are re-reads, some of you are new, but either way, thank you for your continuous support over the last few years. 

You're amazing.

<3