F o r t y N i n e

F  O  R  T  Y N I N E

「   F  O  R  T  Y  N  I  N  E   」

:

Men scrambled to their feet running in different directions. Their hands bound as they stumbled about like helpless idiots. 
" I do love some good old fashioned sport." Joker scoffed holding up a shotgun staring down the barrel aimed at his target. " Couldn't agree more boss." Johnny complied holding up a handgun firing at his target. The victim stumbling to the floor grasping his leg letting out a blood curdling scream. " Scarlett Darlin." Joker began tossing his jacket aside rolling up his sleeves of his shirt to his elbows. " Give em hell." A smirk growing on his face as he and Johnny stalked off in the same direction fully loaded.
Grayson had already took off in a opposite direction with a small handful of men. Both him and Johnny shared a knowing glance before Grayson had left. Now it was my turn.
My turn to get my own personal justice.
And boy was it personal.

Scarlett charged through the forest with two blades clutched tightly in her hands. Her movements as swift and agile. Leaping over tree roots and uneven ground. The pounding of her heart ringing in her ears as she memorised the direction kelvin had ran in. She knew he wasn't a coward, the man never backed down from a challenge. She knew this. She knew he'd be waiting for her like the sadistic fuck he was. And there he was waiting for her out in the open. His smile wide and daunting. That smile that sent shivers down her spine almost cussing for her to freeze as she felt her body begin to freeze up. " Here to finish me off?" He taunted maliciously his tongue swiping across his teeth. " I'm all yours baby." He snickered showing that he's broken free from the zip tie that had once concealed his hands. " Shut up." She screeched through her tight lipped glare throwing a blade in his direction landing behind his head embedded into the bark of a tree. " If I didn't know any better I'd say you was trying to kill me." His hand grasping the handle of the blade yanking it from the tree. " I'm going to wipe that smirk off your face Kelvin." She spat as the two sprang at each other. Scarlett arm being blocked by kelvin's grasping one another blocking each other's moves. Their faces close to touching before Scarlett drew her head back head butting him in the nose. " I'm going to leave you here for the birds and worms to have at you." Scarlett blade slashing across kelvins forearm watching as the crimson liquid seeped through his shirt. But this didn't falter him, it only earned a gruff laugh to leave his lips. " is that all you've got little girl." His calloused hand grasping her wrist yanking her close using his size and height as an advantage. Her hand holding the blade yanked to the left twisting her body uncomfortably" You think just because the clown saved you doesn't mean that i can't still hurt you." Their arms locked together as her free hand grasped his armed hand pressing closely to her cheek. The top of the blade piercing the flesh of her rosy cheek letting a few droplets of blood slip, coating the tip as a wince left her lips. Her teeth clamping down on her bottom lip. Her eyes glistening as she thought back the small tears that began to build up. " There it is." He cheered. " There she is." His hand tossing aside the blade as he grasped a fistful of her hair causing for Scarlett to help out into a cry. " You see Scarlett." One hand trying to pry his hand from her aching scalp the other trying to pry his hand from her jaw clutching her cheeks together. " You're still nothing." A frustrated groan leaving Scarlett lips as she swung her leg up stomping down harshly into his foot. " Fuck." She stomped " YOU." We leg bouncing back up leaving her knee in the right position to smack right into his Crown Jewels.
Kelvins hands flying from her for the slightest of seconds giving her enough time. The two stumbling away from one another. Scarlett hand scrambling to the blade that had fallen to the ground. Her shaking fingers grasping the cold metal running at Kelvin thrusting it into his shoulder, her foot flying out kicking him in the side as she landed a round house kick. Kelvin let out a angered battle cry as he clutched his shoulder which still clutched the blade between his muscle and skin. His body falling back into his back as he felt her feet collide with his legs hearing the crunch of the lower half of his leg let out a sickening crunch. His eyes clamping shut as he began to spit out countless infinities of vulgar insults towards her. " You fucking—Ahhh." He wailed as Scarlett looked over him. Her fave smeared with blood and dirt, lips pursed with a looming dark look in her hazel eyes. " I told you." She began picking up the second blade tossed on the ground. " I was going to make you suffer. The way you made me suffer." Her boot resting upon his chest as he glared up at her through heavy eyes. His forehead coated in a lingering sweat. " Now you aren't going to hurt anyone ever again." Her words bitter and cold. As kelvin lay there he could of sworn he seen her warm hazel eyes turn into something more sinister. Her thick lashes amplifying the darkened look in her eyes. " Goodbye Kelvin."

The shrilling scream of a man filled the air. Grayson snapped his head in the direction of the scream sending a shiver down his spine. He stood there wiping off his tainted hands as he began to dispose of some of the bodies. It was apart of his task after all. His hands reached out to grasp a shovel that he had propped up against the pine tree earlier. His work here was done. His doc Martin boots carrying him away from the corpses of fellow men left behind him. His hands fumbling for his lighter as he lit up a cigarette. The faint sound of gunfire was silenced, the familiar ding of his phone catching his attention.

[Is it done.]

His fingers tapping away tirelessly as he flicked his cigarette discarding the ashes.

[Everything taken care of.]

Grayson stared up at the lightening sky taking one last drag. Making his way back to the van, shovel in hand. That's when he saw her. Hair disheveled, face smeared with dirt and blood. A small cut brandishing her cheek, her lips swollen as blood began to trickle from one.
She hadn't noticed him yet. Her eyes seemed trained on something else. Thats when he saw them. Two of the henchmen he couldn't find. The ones he'd suspected to betray their orders. Yes, Johnny had informed him of the mutiny that he'd suspected. He'd chosen them well. Joker knew of course. But like he'd said earlier. They could all use the target practise. So that is what Grayson did. He disposed of the men he was assigned to. He felt no regret or remorse when he smacked one of them upside the head with the shovel. They where after all gullible, arrogant and above all disloyal. Joker didn't like that. As Grayson stood about to approach he watched as the small girl conversed with the two. Her fingers lightly tucking a blade up her sleeve as one of them spoke to her, the other holding up a baseball bat resting his arms over it swinging it over his shoulders. A coy smirk growing on her lips as she walked towards the one with the bat. Her fingers tracing over his chest as she stalked to the other. Her hands grasping the others face whispering something into his ear before he began to splutter blood down her shirt. Her hand pulling away revealing the small blade she'd snuck into her sleeve now lodged into his neck. A smug smile gracing Grayson's lips. "Clever girl." He uttered was he watched her duck out the way of the one with the bat. She seemed to struggle more with the one with the bat, but that didn't stop her from brawling with him. The two colliding with the pines of the trees as she managed to grasp the bat from his hands. The bludgeoned screams of the man rang into the air as Grayson began to walk forward to intervene.
Tossing the bloodied bat aside Scarlett turned to face Grayson. Her seethed expression washing away as she dusted off her hands. " Let's get out of here." He spoke earning a small sympathetic smile from her. " I couldn't have said it any better." The duo leaving behind the two mangled bodies beaten to death. Unnoticed by Grayson Scarlett fingers trembled. Her stomach twisting into knots as she felt the familiar acidic burn. Swallowing down the contents threatening to leave her lips.
The last thing she wanted to do was throw up right now. She just wanted to clear her clouded mind. She didn't tell Grayson. She didn't want to scare him away. She was scared.
Scarlett Quinzel has become blinded. She'd lost herself in the hot white flare of rage. She'd let it consume her, and it was no ones fault but her own. She was the only one to blame. She didn't want to held accountable for her actions. But then again in her mind, her actions where justifiable. Those men with corrupt and riddled with a disease. Their minds were corrupt. They where bad people. Now they couldn't hurt anyone.

The duo met up back at the van where they were soon accompanied by a rather smug looking Joker. His hands sporting a chain of tainted dog tags. Johnnys pristine suit lay disheveled  with debris and blood splatter. " Where's Griggs?" Scarlett asked earning a cackle from joker as he tossed a dog tag her way. Her fingers grasping the cold metal. " He's having a little quality with the birds at the moment." Joker sent her a brief nod as she looked towards the ground. " Did you do as asked." Johnny said loading the van back up with their defiled guns and weapons. " All taken care of as asked sir." Johnnys hand patting  the back of Grayson's shoulder. " Good." The trio of men now engaging in conversation having a quick smoke before the began to load themselves back into their vehicles.
Scarlett stood off to the side fiddling with the dog tag. Her mind flurrying out of its hazed state as she focused on the glimmer of the metal in the trickling light of the rising sun. Her eyes following the trickling light as it began to warm her skin. Her eyes closing as she took on the moment. It had been a while since she'd felt the sunlight on her face. A peaceful sigh leaving her lips as she ran a hand through her now tangled hair. Blissfully unaware of the green haired man carefully watching the small interactions his daughter had with her new found freedom. Lifting his cigar to his lips he puffed out a fog of smoke listening back in on the words of his most trusted partner.