Bad memories and Good times

The joker. A mad case. Clown. And one of the most feared criminals in all of Gotham. I'm pretty sure the devil himself wouldn't test the joker. And when the joker dies and goes to hell he'll probably end up running the joint. Ever since the joker swept me up I've been running with the mob. So many people want to kill me, so many people fear me, I have so many enemies and so many friends. People I haven't even met. But even as I sit here in his car. And even as I watch him drive us away. Even after he comes for me. I still can't help thinking of Jonathan. His smile and his sweetness. Why'd he do it? How come after everything we've been through he'd trade me up. Maybe I was just nothing.. And maybe I got swept up and caught in this web. In Gotham.

"Uh-doll face ?" Joker mumbled out as he drove.

"Yes?" I replied.

"I'm uh- sorry for uh- everything I've done. And uh- I shouldn't have gotten mad when you left me for uh.. Jonathan." He said. "Maybe I just uh- pushed you too hard."

I stayed silent. Truth is yeah I loved the joker but not like I love Jonathan. Joker gave me a rush and gave me rough love he was the bad boy every insane girl dreamed of. But Jonathan gave me actual love. He was warm and giving. Truth be told I was just confused...

"And uh doll. I want you to know that imma try to uh- get uh- better for you." He smacked his lips and ran his tongue inside his mouth over his scars.

He glanced back at me a few times.

"So doll what do ya say?" He asked. I didn't reply and kept a gaze out the window. "Wanna give your puddin a kiss?" He asked.

"Only Harley is stupid enough to call you "puddin" ." I sighed out.

"Ok.." He trailed off and cleared his throat. "Wanna give your daddy a kiss? Like old times?" He huskily said. I didn't reply but felt my face get flushed.

He pulled over into an empty parking lot.

"Remember those days? Sweet mornings and uh- rough nights." He smirked. I stayed silent. "We coulda gotten arrested for half the things we did. And uh- I'm not talking bout the crimes love." He moved closer to me.

I felt his lips on my neck and his hands on my waist moving down. He was almost on top of me.I felt my breath quicken.

"Joker no." I stopped him.

He sat up and gave me a pout face.

"What do you want me to do doll?" His voice rose. "Your acting different.." He whispered.

"Maybe I'm getting smarter." I said.

"Baby girl. Ace. I love you I always had." He muttered.

"I don't think that's what love is.." I whispered.

"What?" He didn't hear me.

I took a breath in.

"Nothing. I'm tired. I want to go home.." I mumbled.

I want to go home back with Jonathan. But I know he didn't want me there. He already gave me up once.

Jonathan's P.O.V:

-the next day-

Well Jonathan congratulations on getting your job back.." The man at the front desk told me.

"Thank you.." I said. I moved into my office and took a deep breath of air.

I got my position at Arkham Asylum back but at what cost. For quite some time I have wanted to be back here. But now I'm not sure it was worth it. I gave her up and the look on her face still haunts me. The anger she must have felt for me now. That thought is almost unbearable. But that's the game. And those are the rules. Being a criminal in Gotham might have some perks but it also comes with consequences and it seems to be every man out there for himself. I thought after all the time of Paranoia playing the game, she'd understand that. But she's too good. Too good for this crap. And maybe it's good to get rid of her now. Because she's too good for me. The longer she would have been with me the more hurt I would have gotten. The weaker I would be and in this game, weak gives the enemies a terrible advantage.

The phone rang startling me. I picked it up.

"Jonathan crane?" The man on the phone said.

"Yes?" I replied.

"I work for the penguin." He said.

"Ok?" I replied not getting the gist. "He already got what he wanted from me."

"The girl is gone." He said.

My face went pale and my heart fell. Was she ok?

"What do you mean? Where? Gone where?" I asked.

"The joker took her."

He got her. The one man who might hurt her more then anyone else. He got her...