two point two

after the last bell rung, taehyung quickly made his way to the music block, where he would wait for the music teacher to play the piano for him to practice.

"hi, taehyung," he turned around, seeing jeongguk waving at him.
"hi, jeongguk," he replied, smiling and waving back.
"what are you waiting for? do you play piano?" jeongguk noticed that taehyung was just stood by the piano.
"no, I sing, but I need the teacher to help me warm up first," he smiled back.
"I can help you, if you like?" jeongguk asked politely.
"uh, y-yes please, that would be great," taehyung thought about it quickly and decided that it would be a good idea.
jeongguk sat on the piano stool and looked up at taehyung.
"okay, what do you want me to play?" jeongguk stared at taehyung's lips, trying to pay attention.
"C octave chords?" taehyung didn't notice, he was more focused on the beauty of the boy about to play piano.
"like this?" jeongguk played the middle C, along with the C and octave higher.
"yes, thankyou. and then just do the same for D, E, F, G, A, B and the higher C," taehyung looked at the boy, smiling, as he started.
taehyung warmed up as usual, and then after, asking jungkook what he does.
"I play piano and sing," jeongguk spoke quietly.
"oh, can you show me?" taehyung started to get nervous as jeongguk was slowly playing a melody similar to 'River Flows in You'.
"uh, yeah sure, what do you want me to play?" jeongguk smiled.
"do-do you like bts?" taehyung asked more confidently.
"of course I like bts," jeongguk held a look of attitude on his face.
"oh my god! can you play I Need U?" taehyung started to get excited.
"I haven't played it in a while, but I can try," jeongguk started to feel nervous.
"let's go to a side room so no one else but you can hear what I do," jeongguk winked, pulling taehyung from the stool and into a separate room.
jeongguk instantly sat down and started to play the melody to the song.
jeongguk has always added his own twist to the song, changing the lyrics to the chorus to more... fit his own style.
I need you boy
혼자 사랑하고 혼자서만 이별해
I need you boy
다칠 알면서 자꾸 니가 필요해
taehyung was surprised to hear this, feeling taken aback by the change of words.
jeongguk finished the song, looking up to see taehyung blushing.
"that— oh— I don't know what to say," taehyung spoke the truth.
"good or bad?" jeongguk was still nervous; he didn't want taehyung to hate it.
"good. very, very good.. you-you'll have to sing that for me a-again some other time," taehyung looked down.
"so why change the lyrics?" taehyung asked after a short pause.
"it's- ah, it's about someone that I wanted to talk to," jeongguk looked down.
"awesome, do you know anything else?" taehyung changed the subject.
"only if you sing," jungkook replied, smiling brightly at his hyung.
"I- uh- okay, can you play someone like you by adele?" taehyung gave in to jungkook's smile.
"uh, sure. ready?" jeongguk hasn't played this since he had a girlfriend. that was long ago.
"whenever you are," taehyung smiled.
taehyung sings with passion, and it amazed jeongguk. the younger tried his hardest not to go wrong, he succeeded, but had quite a few close calls, and taehyung noticed, almost breaking out with laughter at the cute faces his new friend would pull in concentration.

they finished the song, taehyung looking at jeongguk in adoration as he watched the younger play the ending perfectly.
jeongguk caught the elder staring, smirking at taehyung before standing up, face to face with his hyung.
jeongguk stood in silence as taehyung moved towards jeongguk, leaning closer and closer-

"hello taehyung-oppa! so it's now time to pack up and go, sorry to interrupt but you both sounded great, you should do a duet sometimes! I'm kim levi," a girl with short light pink hair walked in, wearing her uniform with her skirt slightly higher than mid-thigh, introduced herself to jeongguk and smiling at taehyung.
"jeon jeongguk," he smiled at the girl, shaking her hand.
"levi," looking at jeongguk, he tried to copy what the boy did but instead just gave her a larger smile.
"nice to meet you jeongguk-oppa! see you around school," she smiled widely as she walked out, blushing at what she blurted out.
"yah, goodbye levi!" jungkook waved to her as she walked away.
"I don't like being called oppa,"
"she's second year and she's pretty nice, so i'm sure if you tell her that you hate it, she'll stop. but only after pestering you first," taehyung smiled through a slight grimace.
"how do you know?" jeongguk was really curious.
"i once told her something i love in a boy and she wouldn't stop pestering me about it for like a month," taehyung grinned.
"that's cute, I'll get her to tell me then," jeongguk winked.