- - -

Two months

That's how long it's been since Chuuya died in your arms.

Francis is left in restraints down in the dungeons, and the fact that he's spent his life's savings means that there's no possible way he can get out.

You haven't been able to use your ability since the time stopping incident, and all is well. If anything, and you know it's not true, the world must have slowed down. Days pass on like a drag; the very thought that Chuuya is no longer with you weighs you down.

Countless nights were spent with you locked up, crying and sobbing endlessly. You didn't have any coping mechanism for the unthinkable, and now you do.

It's taken you two months to calm down. Some assumed it would take longer.

The first day you walked out of your room, Atsushi was there to coax you fourth. He took you to the royal gardens, where ironically the flowers were in full bloom.

They were so beautiful, so vividly painted, that it hurt. It hurt to know that Chuuya wasn't there with you to experience it.

Atsushi held you for a while, and he left the moment you finished your cry.

You just wanted to be alone.

So now, every day, you walk from your room and to the ivory colored gazebo. Servants- sometimes friends- would deliver food to you. The serene landscape around you left you at peace.

It wasn't until just a week earlier did the Detective Agency walk by and ask if you're fairing well. They'd sit by your side, ask how you're coping, then ask if there's anything they could do to ease the pain. But your tears have dried up and there's nothing left to cry for.

You're empty, and this garden is the only thing holding your fragile state of mind together.

Their constant nagging and interrogations came to an annoying point; the simplest thing you want in life is solitude.

You could hear soft heels crunch viridescent grass. You groan to yourself, particularly annoyed at this one moment.

You heave an exasperated sigh, "I'm telling you I'm absolutely fine. I'm over it all so if you could just-" The moment you look up your eyes lock onto very familiar azure ones.

Your throat hitches and you mind freezes. It's as if it's playing a nasty trick on you.

Chuuya is dead, and he shouldn't be standing four yards away from you.

"It takes you two months to get over me?" He chuckles, "Wow, well isn't this awkward."

You bolt from your seat, fists clenched and temper boiling.

"Nakahara Chuuya, you stupid, hat wearing, short ass, annoying, lying ass fuck." You choke out. With each insult you take a step and he takes one as well and by the end of your miniature rant you've both begun to run to each other until familiar warmth assures you that you're safe- and most importantly- home.

Chuuya leans his forehead against your's. You can feel his breath, you can feel his very much alive heartbeat, you can feel Chuuya's arms around your waist and your's on his. You can feel Chuuya as a whole, and Chuuya can feel you.

He smiles slyly, "Did you mean all of that?"

"Hell yes."

"A bit rude, but-"

"Shut up and kiss me dumbass."

"Okay."

~~~
and the curtains draw together for the final closing. Rhythm of Love is over!!
thank you everyone for supporting the story thus far!
a special thanks to:

AnotherWastedLife
Iwasanelfonce
TheFlippingBookQueen
NeverDropYourCrown
fullme-n-tal
SmallerThanChuuya
Iwillwriterandomness
CharminglySplendid

youve supported me with votes and comments, and as a writer i could never have asked for more.

i hope everyone reading this enjoyed this short story, and it would mean so much if you could check out my other works!

with everything being said, i hope to see everyone here at another time!