Chapter 20: Unforeseen

Keith's P.O.V

I was back home. The house was eerily quiet.

"Sarah, get me a cup of coffee."

No reply, no movement, nothing. I was so caught up with going to see Jessy that I completely forgot that Sarah left. I wonder where she went. That doesn't mean I care. Does it? No, I definitely don't care about her. I went into my study to find a pile of files on my desk waiting for me to go through them. I asked Martin, my bodyguard to get them from my office, although, I must admit I didn't expect this many. I ran my fingers through my wet hair and slowly strolled to my desk. Above all the files, there was a document that caught my eye only because it had the word "DIVORCE" printed in bold. I went through it, I reached the bottom of the document and I saw her signature and an empty space left for mine.

What the f***?                                                                                                                   

   I crushed the paper into a ball and threw to a corner of the room. What the hell was she thinking? Anger was pulsing through me. I took my phone and called only to hear a message tone. Damn it! I let a string of curses under my breath. I have to find her and make her regret giving me those papers. Didn't I tell her already that I wasn't done punishing of this marriage. That bitch.

I had to get a hold of her before she opens her mouth to the press or much worse our parents about the way I've been treating her. Shit! I had to get back in control. One trip to London and all hell breaks loose here. Sarah was hell to me. Damn, I had to fix this and as if on instinct I called Martin and told him to find her, the biggest headache of my life; Sarah. I went to the kitchen to grab a glass of wine. I took my first sip and starting pacing in the kitchen. What the hell does she want? Me to live happily ever after with her? I couldn't even imagine it.

Ding dong!

The doorbell interrupted my thoughts and I'm glad they did because I would have probably broken something because I was pissed thinking about her. I opened it and I was met my Noel's signature smirk. I left it open so that he could come in. he looked around as I walked to kitchen to fetch him a glass and to refill mine. I returned with two glasses and he was looking around still. He let out a low whistle. The house was a mess. Without Sarah here to clean it, it was a dump. 

"I'll get a housekeeper for that," I said without him even saying anything about the muddle. I handed him a glass.

"What happened, bro?"

"Jess-"

"Woah, woah, woah, wait. I was asking about Sarah. You told me about Jess over the phone remember?"

"Oh yeah, Sarah left."

"What? How could you lose that-"

I grabbed him by the collar, "Don't finish that sentence," I warned him.

"Calm down, man."

I let go of him and walked away.

"So, what are you going to do about her?" He asked me very cautiously.

"I don't know." Honestly, I didn't know. Why the hell did I get pissed when Noel was about to call her something? Oh right, she's my wife. I surely don't have feelings for her. I treated her more like a slave. Why the hell should I care about her? And where is she?

"Forget it, man." His voice breaks my thoughts.

"Yeah," I replied simply.

"Anyway, here's something for you. They gave it to me since you were away." He slid an envelope over the kitchen counter. I opened and found an invitation to the Chasity Charity Ball. One of the biggest events in the corporate world where people like me help to improve other lives. I've never missed it. But with this situation at hand...

  Noel looked at me expectantly. We were both expected there, both of us being very important businessmen. Him being the owner and CEO of Darroway Enterprises and me holding the same position at Kirst Industries. I sighed and said, "I'm in."

Author's note: hey guys. I hate Noel too. Keith is having mixed feelings for Sarah instead of just hatred. Do you see it? Hope you do... stay tuned. Please please please comment and vote. The comments help a lot and the votes motivate me. Thanks for all the support. And follow me for an announcement about the next update....

]'