11 | smile more

______________

______________

IT WAS ALMOST as if he were paralyzed.

And he was, really. Draco Malfoy was paralyzed and his eyes kept trained at the clouds above him, watching intently on how they slowly moved.

He hated having weaknesses. His father always told him to never have weaknesses, they were like hidden gold and if discovered by the enemy, you will lose. And Draco never liked losing.

He had always been the star, always had been on top, always had won.

To his family's eye, he never won and he had always felt alone but even when he had always had lost against enemies like Harry, the feeling of his parents actually coming to his game or when they had bought him expensive gifts, he knew that they actually thought of him and to him, that was a huge victory.

But just two days ago, he had lost, and he knew it.

He had lost Astoria because of his assumptions, and he hated himself for that.

He lost her smiles, her laughter, the way she always opened up to him and he lost her warmth. She was not just his light anymore, she was everything and while that scared him, that also electrified something inside of him and the desire, the need to have her grew and grew like a flower that after millions of years of waiting, blossomed.

He did not dare to think that it was the best because it was not the best for him. No, he needed her so there was no way it was the bloody best when he did not get what he needed in the end.

And he broke inside, staring at sun that was slowly setting but was stuck in its position above him. The snow around him was barely visible above the mountain he chose and he had fasted a spell around him to block out the clouds and the snow around him so he could at least get to see the hidden sun.

And he closed his eyelids, letting himself soak under its warmth, imagining it was Astoria.

No, nothing could measure up to the way he heated up around her.

He let himself relax as he laid down, eyes closed, and enjoyed the peace. After a few minutes, a twig snapped that instantly sent him flying up to check what creature it was.

And when he opened his eyes and sat up, he became face to face with Astoria.

_________

O N E   H O U R   B E F O R E

"You did not bloody think to tell me that my bestfriend and Liam Feyre are dating?!" Astoria squealed as the news of her bestfriend with Liam excited her.