thursday

〰

yoongi didn't have to work today. but yet, sitting on the bench by the platform, he turned up there as per usual, not sure of the real reason behind it. spinning the pencil in his hand, he tried to convince himself that it was because of his latest work that he's there but as he thought back about jisoo's cute gestures, his laughter soon gave him away.

he was exceptionally intrigued by the girl's bubbly character. looking up at the morning sky, he watched on as the beautiful snow flakes drizzled down before landing on the tip of his nose.

"ah, it's so cold today", yoongi rubbed his hands together and pulled up his mask to hide his face, preventing it from cold Breeze.

"i wonder if just the scarf is enough to keep her warm... mhmm.. or will she turn up with a cup of hot coffee again today?", he started to wonder and taken aback by his sudden thoughts, yoongi himself cupped both of his cold hands over his cheeks.

min yoongi, what in the world are you thinking?, he mentally scolded himself and giving a few slaps to his face, he then decided on returning back to his work.

there, he added a few lines of lyrics to his piece but in the time being, he of course, didn't forget to take note of the incoming commuters over at the opposite platform. the clock ticked by fast and yoongi had totally lost count of the number of times he had looked up from his paper.

he has barely written anything before a familiar figure soon popped out from the stairs. squinting his eyes, he was sure that it's her. he recognised his scarf on her and seeing how her short black hair was flinging around from the cool breeze, his heart leaped up his throat.

it even made him rise up from his seat.

"h-", he had meant to greet her, but the next moment when he witnessed the scene, yoongi only kept his shoulders slumped and he swallowed back his words before retreating back down.

"too late,"

his watchful eyes followed jisoo who was walking right ahead, until a male soon jogged up to her, stuffing a cup of warm coffee into her hands. the two seemed as though they were close acquaintances judging by how the male had his arm slung over jisoo's shoulders and this, strangely, saddened yoongi. a wave of disappointment washed upon him as he dropped his elbows down onto his laps and rested his chin on them.

right. how can a pretty girl like her not have a boyfriend?, he thought.

however, what was happening over at the opposite platform wasn't a bit close to what yoongi had thought.

"come on jisoo. just help me out will you?"

they weren't even friends to begin with. park jimin is just another employee to their company and right now, he was just trying to get jisoo to do him a favour.

as christmas is approaching, the company had decided to do up a celebration and for that to happen, certain props are needed to be purchased. and jimin, being the man, he was sadly the candidate who was nominated to get those ready by then after the team meeting yesterday.

"i really have to turn up for my date tonight. this is the last chance nari's giving me,"

the cup of hot coffee, it was just a bait; jisoo well, she wasn't even aware of it. she is too innocent a girl to sympathise with this non-existent girlfriend whom jimin is lying to her about and letting out a sigh, she stupidly accepted his offer.

"aigoooo~ gomawoyo", smiling with his eyes disappearing into the shape of half crescents, the sly boy was internally cheering in his mind as he slung his arm over jisoo's shoulders.

whereas on the other hand, jisoo could only manage a weak smile. slowly removing jimin's arm from her shoulders, she started ambling towards one of the benches and quietly settled down. taking a sip of her coffee, she too, was watching the snow when her eyes caught sight of yoongi. her face lit up at once upon seeing him, but it soon fell when yoongi suddenly stood up from his seat.

it wasn't that his train was approaching. he was instead, walking towards the exit and this made jisoo frown hard.