Chapter 9

Ellie
I walked into school the next day like every thing was fine. Why did I tell my friends about him? That was stupid now I will have to tell them about this.
I just didn't want it to be real. I just wished he hadn't have done it.
"Hey, have you seen Claire?" Cami asked. I looked up suddenly.

"What?"
"Claire? She's not responding to any texts or calls and I haven't seen her all day." Cami said angrily.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe she's sick or something."

"Ok maybe. It just seems weird that she's not replying."

"Don't worry about it too much. I'm sure she will text back soon." I said. Shit. With Claire gone she would focus all her attention on me which would suck.

Thankfully I was wrong. She spent the whole lunch period talking about herself and Nic.

"You think we could go on a double date soon?" She asked.

"Well, actually..."

"Guys have you seen Claire?" Jack interrupted me before I could answer.

"No. I've been texting and calling her all day." Cami told him.

"I called her house and her house keeper answered. She said Claire went running late last night and never came home. She said she's tried calling her mother and the police but no one will do anything." Jack told us.

"Oh my god". Cami said. "We have to leave right now and go look for her."

"Can I meet you guys over there?" I asked. "I need to get my Mom's meds."

"Yeah sure call us when you get there"

I walked out to my car and got in. I felt bad lying but I couldn't help it. I was so scared. I pulled in to a convenient store. I walked in and pulled my black felt hat down and covered my eyes with my Michael Kors sunglasses. I stood out like a sore thumb in the store so I quickly made my way to the back. Condoms, plan B, pregnancy test ah ha! Got it. I turned and bumped straight into someone. I murmured an embarrassed apology and then looked up into the eyes of an absolute God. He was the most handsome man I've ever seen. He had a glow about him that ozzed untouchable. I gapped openly. Pretty sure I drooled a bit to.

"You should be sorry." He said coldly. My body stiffened. "I don't know how you get off beat up innocent, law abiding citizens like that." He cracked a smile. My knees felt weak. I stared at him absent mindedly.
Shit. I should say something clever.
"Ok" oh my god. I so stupid.
He laughed. It was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard. I wanted to hear it for the rest of my life. He glanced down at me. His eyes seemed to trace over my exposed mid drift and down my hips and legs. He looked up and noticed the test in my hands.
"Well I see now what has you so shaken up. Hope you get the results you are hoping for." He smiled and walked off. Mortified I paid for the test and head to Claire's. This could wait until after I found my friend.