Chapter 7

(3 weeks later)
It was the last day of the semester before a 4 week break and I can not express how happy I am.
"I think I'm going to start swimming again, with the local gym" I said gaining all the boys attention as they looked up from their food at the table in the canteen.
"You haven't swum for like two years?" Liam said biting his apple.
"I know but I miss it and I never have anything to do these days, so thought I might as well just swim again" I explained and they all nodded.
"We could come too!" Liam exclaimed excitedly.
"No, I need peace and quiet, plus I'll be saving your arses if you start swimming" I chuckled and they all nodded knowing I was right.
"When are you going to start?" Jace finally piped in.
"Tonight hopefully, after school, I brought my swimmers with me so I'll just walk after school"
"Want me to pick you up afterwards?" Jace offered.
"Um maybe, I'll call you if I need you" I grabbed my bag heading to last period since the bell had rung mid conversation.

*
I slid on my swimmers standing in the mirror of the change rooms tying my hair up. I've put on a lot of weight over the past year so hopefully this will burn some of it off, plus I love the water, swimming is so calming. Grabbing my towel and goggles I headed to the pool dropping my stuff at the end of my lane, stepping onto the diving block I slipped on my googles positioning myself to dive off. Once I hit the water I felt myself almost instantly relax.
Laps later I was sitting on the edge of the pool, goggles in hand trying to catch my breath "looked like you had some steam to blow in there" I turned my head to see a lifeguard smiling weekly at me, he was kinda cute.
"I suppose you can say that" I said still catching my breath.
"Want to talk about it, maybe over coffee?" He was sweet, but I wasn't ready to pull another person into my drama.
"Um not this time, maybe another though" I gave him a sad smile but his smile didn't faulted from his face at all "stuff is just complicated now"
"Hey that's okay, I'm sure I'll see you around though"
"Yeah you will, I'm Katie by the way"
"Lucas" I shook his hand grabbing my towel wrapping it around myself "see you"
"See you" I smiled heading back into the change rooms.

After showering I decided to walk to home, not feeling in the mood for conversation. Heading out I slipped in my head phones in drowning out my surroundings.
Jace: want me to come get you?
Me: no I'm going to walk home
Jace: don't be ridiculous
Me: I'm almost home anyway
Jace: fine, I'll see you later
Me: yeah
As I looked up heading to my house someone was already at my door waiting.

"Kyle?" He spun around to face me a face full of shock.
"Katie, oh my god, hi" he rushed out coming towards me.
"Well give me a hug loser" I chuckled opening my arms that's he immediately walked into giving me a tight hug "what are you doing here?" I pulled back.
"I came to see you, why are you wet?" He brushed the wet strands of hair behind my ear making my skin tingle.
"I was swimming"
"You still swim?"
"Um I just started again. Uh why don't you come inside" he nodded following me into the house, then the kitchen "I'm just gonna put this in my room" once I got to my room I pulled out my phone opening the group message.
Me: Kyle's here
Liam: OMG
Jace: want us to come?
Me: it should be alright, just thought I'd let you know
I put my phone away jogging back into the kitchen.
"Hey sorry, I put the towel in the washer. Mums working till late, I'll make tea if you want some?" I smiled, I weirdly have missed him, he was such a big part of my younger years, our friendship group, but I can see it just won't be the same, but in this moment it feels like the old days.
"It better be your famous pasta" he smiled at me.
"Only if you help" I begun pulling out the pots and equipment whilst Kyle got to work cutting tomatoes.
I threw on some music, putting it on shuffle and it just so happened to land on Teenage Dirtbag. We danced around the kitchen singing. We belted the lyrics till it got to my favourite spot.

"I've got to two tickets to iron maiden baby, come with me Friday don't say maybe, cos I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby like youuuuuu oooooh" I screamed faking the guitar riff when I suddenly heard banging on the door. I clicked pause running to the door, I already knew who it would be.
"Hi boys, whatcha doing here?" I smiled, kind of worried to have them here.
"Well if you answered your messages you would've known we were coming to make sure your okay" Jace said in annoyed tone.
"I was making pasta and singing" I shrugged seeing Eli smirk slightly.