26. recreating her image

Feels after the last chapter

J A Y

I placed a bowl of salad in front of Soren who looked up from his newspaper, giving it a distasteful look, "Since when do I eat heathy?"

"Since I realised we've only eaten burgers and chips since we've met each other." I placed his folk and knife down next to plate and watched as Soren turned his nose up to it, pushing it away, "Are you gagging?"

"Did you know that 67% of vegetables have been sprayed with pesticides? It's killing the bugs sure, but what is it doing to us?" He poked at the salad, holding up a green leaf, "Look. It's to perfect to be organically grown."

I put my hands on my hips, "I see a perfectly normal, heathy lettuce leaf. Stop being a snobby rich boy and each your lunch."

I ruffled his hair on the way past, ignoring his grumbles of protest.

This job was move eventual than the smoothie  bar, better pay and has a better reputation but it was less easy going. They  weren't happy that I missed my first day of work but I was staying into the night today to repay them.

I leant against the kitchen opening, waiting for the chief to hand me a platter of food to serve. My eyes focused on Soren who place a piece of lettuce in his mouth, gag then swallow.

Good boy.

"The Foster kid just threw his juice box at my head." Caleb (my new coworker) groaned as he leant against the wall, "Those things are dangerous."

I laughed checking his injuries, only to see a small red mark on his forehead. The Foster triplet were little devils who came with their work-at-home dad, I honestly couldn't wait until they were old enough for school.

"I honestly never thought you'd be the bad boy type." His said conversation, helping me put a platter of coffee and toasties on my hand.

"Soren isn't the bad boy type." Caleb rolled his eyes at me, "I'm serious."

"Let me guess, sad past that now controls his present." He looked at Soren with disgust, "it's quite sad, he needs to get over—"

"Let me guess, your mother got sick of you being at home throwing your life away so she forced you to get a job. You've never had a relationship over 6 months because no women could ever handle your judgemental attitude." I looked him straight in the eyes, "Don't complain to me about Soren being sad excuse for a person, look in the mirror." 

His eyes widened and I covered my mouth, "I'm so sorry, that just came out." Completely out of embarrassment I took the tray and went to table that had ordered.