The Kitten Has Claws [Chapter 40]

This book is available for purchase on amazon.com as an ebook. 

Chapter Forty

"F-finn," Violet moaned softly as he kissed down her neck, sucking on her pulse. He grinned and pushed her against the wall, kissing her full on the lips, savoring her unique taste.

Violet curled her fingers in his pale hair, tugging him closer, loving the feel of his body against hers. He growled in approval when she sucked his tongue into her mouth, biting playfully. Cool fingers slipped under her shirt, sending goose bumps over her skin. Lazily he teased her, letting his hands wander across her stomach, up her sides and around her back.

Her hands tightened as he lightly nipped her ear, whispering naughty words. Finn grabbed her leg and pulled it up, wrapping it around him, allowing him to have even closer back, cradled between her legs.

They didn't notice the door to the room opening, too caught up in each other to hear anything. "Ah shit!" they heard Fletcher cry out. He slapped a hand over his eyes and turned back around. Violet and Finn sprang apart guiltily and rapidly fixed their clothes and hair.

"What? What is it?" Tamsin said curiously, trying to see around Fletcher, but he wouldn't move out of the way.

He made an obnoxious shooing motion and tried to get her to back away. "Nothing to see here, my mistake. People just need to learn to get a room."

"We had a room," Finn pointed out smugly, "you're the one that came in."

"A private room, damn it! I don't want to see that. I swear, if I don't stumble across you and Violet, I hear Noelle and Raine." Fletcher shuddered and pushed Tamsin out.

She held back a laugh, knowing it would only irritate Fletcher. "They are married, Fletch, they can do whatever they want."

"It doesn't matter if they're married or not, I don't want to have to worry about walking in on my friends having sex with their wives."

Tamsin laced her fingers with him and pulled him down the hallway. "There seems to be a lot of that going on lately," she mused.

"Walking in on people?"

"No," she laughed, "marriage. First it was Violet and Finn, then Noelle and Raine, and now Clover and Ryder are engaged."

"Oh," Fletcher replied softly. "Maybe we should follow the trend."

Tamsin stopped abruptly, yanking him to a halt. "Was that a proposal Fletcher?" she asked, aghast.

He gave her a rakish wink, "If you want it to be."

Letting go of his hand, she wacked him across the arm. "No, I don't want that to be a proposal, because that was a lame ass attempt!" She scowled and crossed her arms. "We should follow the trend," she mocked. "Oh ok, let me just jump on that proposal of the year!"

"Is that a yes?" Fletcher grinned.

"Oh!" she growled. "You are unbelievable." She stormed past him, heading for the kitchen where she could pour herself a nice drink. Look out tequila, Tamsin was on her way.

"I know," Fletcher sighed from behind her, "Unbelievably sexy." She ignored him and started rummaging through the cupboards for a cup. "Are we toasting to our engagement?" he teased. Slamming a glass down on the counter, she grabbed the tequila and poured herself a drink. She shoved the bottle into his hands and left the kitchen in silence, praying that he wouldn't follow. But, it was Fletcher, after all. He trailed after he silently, leaving the bottle in the kitchen.