Zolo

The two walked over to the left Barrack, Steve smashing the lock of the metal building and the two swiftly walking inside. Hayley fumbled about for the light switch and flicked it on, the sight of the SHIELD logo being the first thing they saw as well as long dusted benches with cracked, overturnt  chairs.

"What is this place?" Rose mumbled.

"Founding ground of SHIELD" Steve breathed, glancing around with Hayley close by his side.

15 then noticed something though, a bookshelf. She moved closer to it, inspecting the books before a cliche idea popped into her head and she tugged at the middle red book. Bricks shifted in the other corner of the room to reveal an elevator.

"Now, why would you want to hide an elevator?" She questioned, Moving to Steve's side as they pushed the door open and stepped inside. They pressed the only button available and watched as the doors slid shut and took them down.

The elevator moment was rickety as it moved but when it stopped, the doors shuttered open and the two hesitantly made their way into the new exposed room. Steve and Hayley looked around in amazement, scanning the room from top to bottom.

"This can't be the data...the technologies ancient" Rose breathed, her eyes clocking onto the USB port that rested on the desk.

She made her way over, brandishing the USB from out of her jean pocket before pushing it into the port. The machinery then booted to life, a camera    Zooming in and out at the two as the screens switched on and writing appeared.

"Initiate System?"

Sh moved to the keyboard, typing in 'YES' to boot up the system. The screen fizzed and a cracked voice began to play.

"Rogers. Steven. Born 1918."

The camera moved to Hayley, she already knew it wouldn't have no data on her.

"Agent 15, all data wiped"

Her brows furrowed at that but the system still began to play.

"Is this some kind of recording?"

"I am not a recording Frauline" the machine replied causing their brows to lift in question.
"I may not be the man I was when the Captain took me prisoner in 1945 but I am..."

Another screen shown a photo of an aged man, Hayley looking to the photo before looking to the confused Rogers.

"You know this thing?" She crinkled her nose in confusion.

"Armin Zolo was a German Scientist who worked for the Red Skull...he's been dead for years" Rogers informed, walking around and scanning over the machinery in the room.

"First correction..." Zolo's voice ran out. "I am Switz"
"Second...look around you. I have never been more alive!...In 1972 I revived a terminal diagnosis, science could not save my body. My mind however...that was worth saving. On 200,000 feet of databacks. You, are standing in my Brain"

"Ew" 15 scoffed.

"How did you get here?" Rogers questioned.

"Invited" Zolo replied happily.

"Operation paper clip. After a World War 2, SHIELD recruited German scientists...with Strategic..." she explained, trailing off.

"They thought I could help their cause" Zolo added. "I also helped my own"

"Hydra died with Red Skull" Steve interrupted.

"Cut off one head..." the octopus symbol filled the screen. "Two more shall take its place"

"Prove it" Steve challenged.

"Accessing archive." The screen announced, photos and videos being shown on the screen. "Hydra was founded on the belief that Humanity couldn't be trusted with its own freedom. What we did not realise is that if you try to take that freedom, people will resist. The war taught us much, humanity needed to surrender its freedom willingly. After the war, SHIELD was founded, and I was recruited. The new Hydra grew a beautiful parasite inside SHIELD. For seventy years, Hydra has been secretly feeding crisis, weeping war, until history could not co-operate, history would change"

"That's impossible, SHIELD would have stopped you" Rose breathed.

Images of Howard Stark and his death scene appeared on the screen.

"Accidents will happen, Hydra created. World so obscured that humanity is willing to give up its freedom to gain security. Once securification process is complete, Hydras new veered rule. We won Captain. Their deaths amount to the same as your life, zero sum"

Anger was putting inside Haley and it was clear in Rogers as he threw his fist into the screen and smashed the glass. The image just appeared on another screen however, pulling the twos attention to the side.

"As I was saying..."

"What's on this drive?" Rogers demanded, moving to gesture to the USB.

"Project insight requires insight. So I wrote an algorithm"

"What kind of algorithm?!" Hayley snapped. "What does it do?"

"The answer to your question is fascinating, unfortunately...you shall be too dead to hear it"