saturday (一)

〰

   it was initially jisoo's off day. however, she is back at the station today because of the incident that had taken place the day before.

the christmas present which she had specially bought for him - it's gone. she has been blaming herself over her carelessness since yesterday and no longer being able to contain her feelings, she decided upon heading back to the station to find it.

earlier on, she had tried asking officer jeon if he had seen it while doing his routine patrol but shaking his head, he could only apologise to her.

"i hope that you can find it soon. it must mean a lot to you,"

yes, it does. she had in fact hand knitted a grey beanie for yoongi in replacement of the scarf he had given to her. despite just meeting him for a few days, it was already enough for her to notice that he seemed to enjoy wearing beanies a lot. hence, setting aside some time out of her busy schedule, jisoo managed to pick up knitting from the youtube tutorials which were available online. she had spent many hours into it but now that it's missing, it would meant that her efforts have also gone down into the drain.

huffing and puffing from the tiresome search round and round the platform, it was a matter of time before jisoo soon got exhausted, so much that she eventually plopped herself down and collapsed onto a nearby bench for support. looking up at the ceiling, she was staring into space until she felt someone literally shoving his butt up into her face.

"mwo?", the first thing she spotted was a grey beanie, similar to the one she had knitted but looking up at the intruder's face shortly after, her smile disappeared quick.

"would you please move aside?", jung hoseok said curtly and immediately, jisoo shot upright and adjusted herself.

"if you would like to rest, shouldn't you just head home and climb back into your bed?"

there was a speck of sarcasm in his tone and jisoo knew better than to hang around him. thus, getting up on her toes, she was just about to leave the scene but something is holding her back. not sure why, her eyes darted to the opposite platform instinctively and it was also at the same time when an announcement started to spread across the entire station.

"passenger kim jisoo-ssi, the item you've been looking for has been found. i repeat, the item you've been looking for has been found. will the guy with the grey beanie sitting at platform b please kindly stand up?"

yoongi was back at it again. resting on the same bench over at platform b, he has been busy scribbling down the lyrics that has came into his mind for the past few hours, such that when the announcement sounded, he wasn't even paying any attention to it. it was only when a hand suddenly tapped on his shoulder that he almost jumped out of his seat in fright.

"eh?"
"sorry, but i think that the announcement is referring to you,"

yoongi battled his eyelids in confusion as he stared back at kim taehyung, the neighbourhood detective who was just on his way to work.

what announcement is he talking about? yoongi was fretting over the matter and scratching his head, but a familiar voice called up to him just then.

"yeogi-o!"

he was alarmed by the call. shooting his head up, yoongi was surprised to find jisoo grinning at him from the opposite. he thought that she wouldn't turn up here today as the time for her work has passed but,

"chajass-da", she yelled once again and beaming, she pointed to him the beanie on top of his head.

i-geo? yoongi widened his eyes at her.

"s w a g~"

and this time, the two of them found themselves breaking into fits of laughter, just like a pair of dumb and dumber over the opposite sides of the platform, as though there were no other people watching them.