sunday

〰

   the surroundings seemed a little off to jisoo today. for as soon as she stepped into the station this morning, she had taken notice that the advertisement board around the area has been changed. it wasn't the usual bbq chicken ad which features seven male models but instead, it was just an aesthetic image of a song release that is going to take place tonight.

<3 first love. release: 25.12.16 23:59 kst

staring at the image in awe, it was right then jisoo carelessly collided into a guy with a broad back in front of her.

"ow", she cried but after massaging the imaginary bump she had on her forehead, she looked up only to find kim seokjin, a male college student staring into her eyes.

"wait,"

stretching an arm out, seokjin was fast enough to stop jisoo from proceeding any further. with a swift movement, he turned back to grab a piece of paper from the pile behind him, before then, handing it out to jisoo. widening his eyes, he could see officer jeon gradually heading up to him from afar and thus, he quickly stuffed the flyer into jisoo's hands before she could even respond to him.

"noona, please support our hyung for his song release tonight. i can promise you that it's gonna be daebak", he reassured her when just then, officer jeon finally turned up next to him. pulling him up by the collar of his shirt, officer jeon spoke to him sternly,

"you again, haksaeng. i thought i told you before that you're not allowed to give out flyers in here? move it to the exit instead", he urged seokjin and giving a quick wink at jisoo, seokjin was left with no choice but to obey the fierce officer's words. with drooping shoulders, he could be seen trudging wearily out while officer jeon only shook his head at him as he watched him slowly leave.

"youngsters nowadays", he raised an eyebrow at jisoo,

"anyway, merry christmas jisoo-ssi,"

"yeah, same to you too", she smiled back.

today is finally christmas and jisoo couldn't express how delightful she was. she has always enjoyed this time of the year and looking right up ahead at the sign board which was hanging above her, she knew that it was going to be another awesome day for her. pushing her sling bag back, she inhaled deeply and was just about to climb up the flight of stairs when officer jeon's blow whistle startled her.

"jisoo-ssi, you are heading up the wrong way", he warned her kindly but shaking her head politely at him, she replied,

"ani-eyo,"

>>platform b.

jisoo stared up at the sign board again in amazement. she knew that she was heading towards the right direction, which was exactly where her heart is leading her to as of today.

"well, if you say so. see you around then,"
"ne,"

flashing officer jeon with a bright smile, jisoo couldn't wait to reach the top already. her heartbeat pulsated with each and every step up and when she eventually arrived there, she was nearly out of breath.

however so, her eyes started searching for him in no time. cold sweat could be seen glistening on her furrowed brow and with her hands clasped tightly in front of her stomach, she constantly fiddled with her knuckles, weaving her fingers in and out of each other as time zoomed by.

why isn't he here yet?

jisoo clenched her fists tightly, until her nails dug into the palm of her hand, but she barely noticed. the only thing she was really aware of, was the sound of her heart throbbing against the cage of her chest.

"the train is approaching. the train is approaching,"

shit, this announcement is driving her insane. jisoo was starting to lose all the hope in her when the glaring lights of the train eventually shone into the station and fumbling back onto the nearby bench weakly, she was in the brim of tears. by her side, commuters could be seen rushing in and out of the train but the thing was that, there just wasn't any sight of him.

jisoo buried her face into her hands and at the same time, the train started departing. it took only a minute for the platform and the tracks to clear and along with it, emptiness filled up her heart.

i missed him.

"oh, ppalgan!"

it was then, jisoo's head shot right up in action. she recognises that voice. biting into her bottom lips nervously, her eyes danced around, in search for the owner of the voice panically. and finally, as her eyes landed on his at last, she almost cried out tears of joy when she realized that standing there directly opposite her at platform a this time, there stood the flawless grey beanie and black eyes that shone brightly as always, aka min yoongi.

in that instant yoongi turned and caught jisoo's eyes; before she could turn away with shyness, a genuine grin spread across his face, turning it from handsome into divine. in actual fact, after the debate with himself just last night, yoongi eventually came up with a conclusion that she is a person he would like to know more of than he'd ever felt before.

she might just be the one whom he could love forever; and he told himself that no matter what, he is going to give it a try this christmas.

"neo, kamanhi-isseo", yoongi bellowed and instructed while pointing his index finger at her.

and with that, jisoo watched him move from the opposite platform hastily.

there was something about this urban warrior in him combined with a gentleness that made her heart reach out even more today. and right at that moment, she felt her body flush warm as she knows that for this christmas, love is finally in the air.

- the end -

dictionary:
1. haksaeng >> student
2. ppalgan >> red (referring to jisoo's/yoongi's red scarf)
3. neo kamanhi-isseo >> you, stay still