Chapter 25

I sighed out after finishing the rest of the berries I had gotten the morning after I had her.

After feeding Willow, I decided we were strong enough to move now and there was still time before night fell and I vowed to not sleep in this tree den again.

I knew were weren't more than a few hours walk from home if I cut through the forest. It was warm and bright out and time to go on our little journey together. I was still tired, but I knew I was strong enough to make it home. Already, I could feel my wolf fronting as she worked double time to heal us and lend us her strength.

I smiled as we began walking, Willow sleeping quietly as she was content and fed. I knew we were close as I began finding the small caches that stored spare clothing and I immediately took a pair of joggers and wrapped my pup in them. I stared down at her with satisfaction, she'd woken once and I fed her and she'd cozied right up and went back to sleep.

I had been walking for almost three hours when I decided it was time for my own break.

I came to a small wading pool, sticking my hand in it to cup some water, but that's when I realized it was warm and I had been here times before with Kieran.

I was a lot closer to home than I thought.

I chuckled and kissed Willow's head and began a light steady stride as I whisped through the trees in anticipation.

It wasn't long until I broke free from the tree line and came to the clearing and saw the best place I could ever imagine. Home.

And I could see people outside and I knew who they were paying attention to as everyone gathered around in the distance.

I could smell him.

His intoxicating scent was caught on the breeze and I breathed it in greedily.

The darkness under his eyes gave way to his restlessness and worry, but he was still the most breathtaking man for miles.

I slowed as I neared, a light breeze sending my scent forward as a growl erupted from Kieran as he silenced everyone and his eyes scanned the area.

"I'm right here." I said strongly.

I watched as everyone turned, Kieran pushing through everyone in disbelief.

I watched as his eyes moved from my stomach to the little bundle I held protectively as he approached us. Kieran had me in his arms in an instant and I chuckled as I used my arms to keep him from squishing his daughter on accident, but I understood that his wolf was in control and he would never hurt us.

I smiled as I turned Willow around so her father could see her and Kieran gulped as he stared down at her as if she was a gift from the heavens and as fragile as could be.

"Her name is Willow." I told him with a smile.

He went to speak, but cut it off when I placed her in his arms, her little dark greenish blue eyes popping open.

She knew it was her Daddy.

I watched as Kieran's eyes took her in and I could see the moment he fell in love with her as his face lit up.

"Someone is beautiful just like her mama." Kieran whispered to her.

I watched as she grinned her little grin as she looked up at him, as if she knew he was right and her dimples showed.

"Charlotte?!" I heard in my mothers voice as she came, tears in her eyes in disbelief.

I embraced her tightly, her quickly turning in awe as she realized Kieran held her granddaughter and she let out a noose of surprise.

  "Oh, honey. She's gorgeous." She said quietly.

"Come, let's get you all inside." My father said, sending me a smile.

The first thing I did was shower, the second was make and eat, not one, but four sandwiches, everyone anxiously watching me to explain what happened.

I smiled seeing Kieran holding Willow, feeding her a bottle I pumped before I took my shower.

Kieran passed her to my father after she fell asleep and I smiled, knowing she got his eyes, our eyes. Elise insisted she was next and I smiled as my father handed her over and she and James sat with their grandchild.

I cleared my throat and began to tell everyone what happened, how I escaped, how I jumped, giving birth in a tree.

You know, the usual.

Kieran was fuming. He was angry to the point where his hands shook and he wore anger like a second skin.

"Come on." I said to him, tugging him by the hand.

  "What?" He whispered his eyes connecting with mine. Hazel on Blue.

"Run with me please." I said quietly.

He gave me a look of confusion. I guess it was understandable because I was just kidnapped.

"I don't want to live in fear. Please., We won't go very far at all. Just off the porch." I pleaded.

I smiled as his eyes softened, giving away my victory.

"Watch my sweet Willow." Kieran said as he placed a kiss on our daughters head as his father held her before taking my hand.

As soon as we were outside, Kieran lifted me into his arms, holding me against him as he rested his forehead against mine.

"I thought I lost you." He whispered.

"Oh Kieran, hate to tell you this but you're stuck with me for today, tomorrow, and forever." I said and pecked his lips.

He growled lowly and kissed me again, taking his time as he held me against him and his tongue brushed against my lip softly, allowing his spicy sweet aroma to surround me as I kissed him back.

I smirked as he pulled away too soon and I found myself inclined toward him and he smiled, knowing the power he had over me.

He released me slowly as he began taunting me as he shed himself of his shirt, revealing his taught defined muscles that flexed with his movements as he walked down the porch steps, his chuckle ringing out like a baritone bell as he turned.

I growled and leapt off the porch, welcoming the change as I shifted into my wolf, landing next to Kieran's brooding figure and I pranced around him, letting my tail tickle his chest and abdomen as I circled around him.

His chuckled turned into a growl and suddenly his dark huge obsidian wolf stood before me shaking out its fur, licked my face, and bolted to the side, leading me in a dance of stealth and speed.