Chapter 1

Sitting in maths can be quite boring. Now for most people, that's because they hate the subject - try their best to avoid it even. For me however, it's probably because I've done all the work and have nothing better to do. First lesson on a Monday morning and I'm already having tons of fun. If only something would happen here.

Living all fourteen years of your life in the same place can be pretty boring. The same thing over and over again. It gets repetitive. Growing up with the same people. Going to the same old places. Shopping in the same old shops. Doing the same old activities.

My name is Raven and I'm 14 in year 10 at secondary school and this is basically what my life consists of. Some would probably say that I, and my friends, are more fortunate than most living in a beautiful area of the country - city and port on one side, beautiful forest on the other. However, it's quite simply boring. Nothing happens here - everything is in London since we're only an hour and a half away. For most it's just a stopping point to better places such as the multiple holidays people take on the cruise ships that leave from here.

Some would also argue that I'm destined to go places with an above average intelligence, ambition and pure will power. For me that can't come soon enough because it's like my ticket to explore the world. Preferably Korea...

"What have you been doing to be yawning like that over the weekend?" Mia questions from besides me as I let out a gigantic yawn, earning questioning stares from our teacher. He already thinks we're weird and he's only taught us for eight weeks.
"DK" I reply with a smirk on my face.
"Haha, but seriously, what did you do?" She pushes, rolling her eyes at my normal joke.
"I went for a four hour intensive track cycling session. My butt hurts" I complain.
"Maybe you shouldn't have done it then" she says as though it's simple.
"But it's really bruised" I whine.
"I can I swap seats with one of you, Rae won't stop complaining about how her butt hurts?" She complains, turning to face the rest of our friends.
"Sure, I wanna know all about whether there were any hot guys there" Lucy says shrugging.
"Seriously Luce, is that all you can think about?" I laugh.
"Well..." she says, giving me a pointed stare as she turns round in her seat to face me from her position in front.
"Ok, so there was this one guy, ok, maybe a couple" I concede with a slight dip of my head.

And so the last ten minutes of maths is a blur as I talk to my friends, completely absorbed in our conversation.
____
The rest of the day and week passes quickly. Soon, before we know it, it's Wednesday the next week and we have physics last. Lunch today was weird since Mia, the chatty happy virus, general mum of the group and my best friend, has flown off to New York for a long weekend until Sunday for a birthday present from her aunt. It's a nice life for some.

However, this leaves me with a problem. I'm stuck on a table meant for six with two other boys in physics. Normally it's the four of us - Mia, Logan, Liam and I. It's a small class, only those of the top set who opted to take triple science meaning there are plenty of spaces.

"Save me" I whine to everybody on our way there.

But hold up a minute, let me introduce you too everybody since there's quite a few of us. Mia is the mum of the group, happy virus and general chatter box - never awkward. Lucy is funny, slightly eccentric but incredibly awesome. Skye is just plain hilarious and can never keep her bias list sorted - I feel sorry for her future boyfriend. Rosie is responsible but also incredibly sarcastic and will have 'moments' about things - they're quite funny and normally involve some sort of rant. Ella is artistic, kind and thoughtful and then you have Amy. Generally nice, can get mad easily - especially when it comes to their music teacher - but always eventually calms down. Similar to me, she can be quite opinionated. I love them all none the less, despite their few flaws.