Chapter 2

"What?" I say in a bored tone, my friends lingering outside the door as I face Chenle in class, Jisung sat on one of the stools whilst playing on his phone. I don't want him to know the true effect he could have on me. Chenle. My bias. Typical.
"You know us, don't you?" Chenle asks seeming slightly worried.
"Of course I do. You're Chenle and that's Jisung. You just introduced yourselves" I reply causally.
"I don't mean like that, I mean what we do" he says, seeming slightly agitated.
"Go to school?" I question back, keeping up my act of bewilderment and innocence.
"No."
"Look, Chenle, I have places to be and such. Besides, what would Mark think of you keeping a girl hostage like this" I tell him, slinging my bag over my shoulder as I turn to leave.
"See, you do know" he triumphantly states as my phone begins to ring.
"Look, I'll see you tomorrow I guess. Bye and have a good night" I tell him in goodbye as I pull my phone out of my bag and hold it up to my ear. I truly do not want to think about what's just happened.

"Hello" I answer not bothering to check the caller ID. I exit the classroom, seeing my friends outside but have to wave them off, pointing to my phone instead. I know they won't think I'm being rude.
"Hey sweetie. Just to let you know, you don't need to get the bus into town. I'm here to pick you up. Don't worry, nothing bad. I'll meet you at the top of the hill in the normal spot. See you in a minute, I'll explain then. Love you"
"Ok, bye mum" I say as I hang up.

In under five minutes I'm there and pull open the door, jumping in and clicking in my seatbelt before mum begins to drive off.
"How was your day at school?" She asks as if there's nothing urgent though I can tell there is.
"You won't guess what! Chenle and Jisung from NCT have moved into our school but nobody knows who they are beyond Rosie, Lucy, Amy, Ella, Skye and I. It's amazing but why? Seriously so out of the blue but Im so excited!" I virtually shout due to hyperness. "You?" I ask, remembering my manners and that I should always see how my mum's day is.
"Great. Unexpected but great" she tells me with a small smile creeping onto her face. I'm always amazed when she smiles. It's so truthful, never false, and incredibly beautiful. It lights her up, however cliche that sounds, and I'm always surprised that she didn't become an idol in her home country. She certainly had the looks to become a kpop star. When I've asked about it in the last though, she always laughs said she was the least coordinated person she knew with no vocal talent - apparently she also had to much spirit and, I quote 'was not willing to be controlled by anyone'. I'm glad she didn't though because if she had, she wouldn't have come to England in quite the same way nor met my dad.
"Ok..." I comment uncertainly. "Why?" I question.
"Ah, you'll have to wait and see" she laughs.

My curiosity grows over the next ten minute drive to our house until I'm virtually bursting at the seams. Why is she being so secretive about it all? I already have my house key in my hand as the car pulls into our drive. As soon as the engine shuts down, I fling open the door and dash towards our front door. As soon as I reach it, I eagerly put the key into the lock before it clicks open. As soon as it does, I race down the corridor, checking mums office, the kitchen and under the stairs to see what's wrong.

"I can't believe you missed this room" a voice chuckles, appearing from the front room. Damn it.
"Uncle Jihoon!" I scream, racing towards my mums brother from Korea. He lives in Seoul and rarely comes to visit - his job keeps him busy though I'm not sure what it is that he actually does.
"Hello Rae" he grins, wrapping me into a large hug. "My you've grown" he laughs. "You're taller than your mum" he chuckles, comparing us side by side.
"Well I'm nearly taller than you" I smirk since he himself is only 5'7 whilst my mum is 5'4. "What are you doing here?" I ask, sitting down on the sofa as he does the same. I angle my body so that I'm facing him, legs crossed.
"Well, in short, business." He answers truthfully.
"Ok... and what is your 'business'?" I ask him.
"Be warned, she may explode. I've never actually told her before" my mum tells him, appearing in the doorway.
"Tell me!" I demand in a high-pitched voice causing a laugh from my uncle.
"Well, I know you know about kpop from what your mum has said - which reminds me I've got you a few things - but anyway, I work for one of the big companies. SM to be exact"
"No freaking way!" I squeal.
"Language" my mother scolds though she's laughing inside.
"I'm one of the managers which is why I'm always busy and can only get holiday when the idols are on it as well" he explains.
"Seriously? Wait! That means you've met EXO and shinee and f(x) and snsd and NCT!!!!" I virtually scream, flopping backwards at the thought.
"Obviously" he teases, rolling his eyes.
"How can you be so casual about this?" I say.
"Because it's my job?" He tells me seriously though I know he's just taking the mickey.
"Oh shut up" I groan. "I'd give anything to meet exo or shinee or f(x) or NCT but you work with them virtually everyday and aren't even bothered"
"Hey, I'm not some crazy obsessed fan girl. Besides, that's part of the reason why I'm here" he continues.
"Wait, they're on holiday?" I ask.
"Let the man finish. It's disrespectful to kept interrupting" my mum tells me off once again.
"Leave her alone, she's only excited" my uncle defends as I secretly shoot him a double thumbs up in thanks. "I manage NCT more specifically - by that I mean that I'm one of their numerous managers. However, sm have decided to try a new project. Five of the NCT Dream members, plus some of the undebuted ones like Johnny, Kun and Hansol are coming to live in England for several months. Since I know English, have family here and know the area, I've been selected to come" he briefly explains.
"Ah, so that explains it...." I mutter.
"Explains what?" He says, slightly confused.
"Why Chenle and Jisung were in my class today. They've enrolled at my school" I tell him.
"I'm surprised you didn't faint or have a fangirl attack" my mum laughs.
"Oh trust me, I nearly did" I laugh. "But how long are you here for?" I ask my uncle.
"At least six months. Possibly more. The company want the boys to experience a different culture as well as learn a new language plus it will give them a gateway and an insight on how to break into the British market - they may well be launching an sub unit here but I don't know. I specifically enrolled them in your school after asking your mum since that way they'll always have someone I can trust near them" he tells me.
"Nice" I smile, nodding my head.
"Anyway, presents! Check the bag over there" he commands, quickly changing the subject and moving on as though I haven't just learnt one of the biggest things about him. Relating to idols. He points to a back pack slung casually in the corner of the room. I eagerly dash over to it, bringing it back and handing it to him. He opens it up, tantalising slowly before handing me five different rectangular parcels. "Sorry I couldn't get them all signed but, uh, hope you like" he smiles almost nervously.