2 - Carlie

Faggot. That's the word someone wrote in our garage.

"Sons of bitches!" I growl, closing the damn dictionary with such anger I get my fingers stuck "Crap!"

"Carlie!" I hear Daddy cry out from his room.

"Sorry." I mumble "Dictionary, piece of crap!"

I like to curse. It makes me feel older. Like Whitney. I mean, I can't wear heels, I can't wear makeup, I can't go out with my friends to clubs. Boring! What can I do, anyway?

I know, tell Daddy what happened this morning, and make him do something about those sons of bitches.

"Daddy."

He's whistling to some old tune, while making his bed. His reen eyes are so sweet that I immediately decide to obey Dad - don't tell Daddy what happened this morning.

"Yes, Princess?"

"Can I go with Mac to see a movie, tomorrow?"

"What movie?" He asks, turning the music from his computer off, and listening to me.

"Ahm... a vampire movie...?"

"Carlie..."

"It's just a movie!" I moan, and jump into his huge bed, kneeling and begging, my hands like I saw the angels do, in church "Please? Pretty pleeeeeease?!"

"I'll ask Dad" He said, kissing me lightly on my head.

"Daddy!"

"Go make your bed!" He said, patting me on the butt.

This sucks! I can't do anything! Carlie's too young to see a vampire movie! Carlie's too little to go to a club with her friends. I'm thirteen! I'm a teen, ok? I need to go out with my friends, damn it!"

"And stop grinding your teeth" Daddy said, louder; I think he was laughing.

Fine. Ask Dad. Don't care! Got homework to do, anyway...

Whitney's studying in her room, with her best friend Portia. I like Portia, she doesn't treat me like a baby. And I really like her curly hair. She's really beautiful. I guess that's why she has a really hot boyfriend.

"Hey, Carlie." She smiles at me, when I get into my sister's bedroom "What is the next US President up to?"

"To see a vampire movie." I say, taking a seat in my sister's king size bed; I really like her bedroom, 'cause it's all white and another color she stupidly names 'Sea foam' "My Dads won't let me."

"That's 'cause then we'll have to hear you cry at night" Whitney says, blue eyes teasing me, her smirk is really annoying.

"I don't cry!" I protest, my eyes shot light rays; I wish they actually did that, 'cause Whitney deserves them, sometimes.

"Fine. Then we can see that horror movie you've been dying to see, tonight" She challenges me.

"Maybe we will" I answer her, shooting my chin up, so she won't think I'm afraid.

'Cause I'm really not afraid! I'm not afraid of anything. Not even bugs. Whitney's a chicken, though. She hates spiders. Like really hates spiders. Last Halloween, just to make fun of her, Mac and I got these rubber fake ones, with hair and everything, and put some in her pillow. God, did she scream! She cried like a baby and everything. Daddy couldn't watch it either, only Dad and I picked them up, and laughed at their misery.

Ah... fun times...! I love to make fun of Whit. She always takes the bait, that's why it never gets old.

"Right, but until then, you have to do your homework." My sister reminded me, and I grunted, nodding "If you need help..."