Best Day Ever

Sarah's POV

I woke up as the credits started to roll. I didn't remember falling asleep in this position, so he must have moved me after I fell asleep. I was still tired, but I needed to move around for a little bit so I didn't get stiff. Steve felt me wake up and helped me to climb off him and stand up.

"Are you going in tomorrow?" I asked him as I stretched, yawning. He shook his head.

"No, we usually get the day off after a mission, so you're stuck with me."

"Fury told you to keep an eye on me, didn't he?" I asked dryly, watching his cheeks flush slightly.

Steve rubbed the back of his neck and laughed. "Maybe, but I thought we could do something together if you felt up to it tomorrow."

"Really? What?"

"It's a surprise."

I raised my eyebrow and grinned. "You can tell me now and I'll act surprised tomorrow."

He snorted. "Nice try." I pouted and he laughed at the silly face I made. He stood up and was going to leave me. "Time for bed, missy. I'll see you in the morning."

"Okay," I said, agreeing with him. I wasn't going to sleep great tonight no matter what, so I didn't want to keep him up as well. "Will you help me with my ice packs before you go?"

"Sure. What do you want me to do?"

"I'll get everything I need first. It'll take me a couple minutes."

He nodded and I went to the kitchen to get two ice packs out of the freezer for my shoulder and a glass of water for my nightstand, taking them into my room with me. I set the ice packs on the bed and climbed on the chair I used to reach the top shelves in my closet, looking for my extra pillows when Steve's voice startled me as he came into my bedroom, almost making me fall off the chair.

"Sarah, what are you doing?"

"Having a heart attack! You scared me."

"Get down, Sarah."

"I'm just getting stuff out of my closet, Steve. Give me a moment." I turned to look at his unamused expression. He set both hands around my waist and lifted me off the chair, setting me on the floor, my weight not even affecting him. I know my waist wasn't that small, but his hands almost completely spanned it.

"How about you tell me what you want and I'll grab it for you," he suggested. "Before you hurt yourself."

"Where's the fun in that?" I grumbled.

"What were you trying to reach?" He asked as he tucked a loose curl behind my ear. I got the impression that he wasn't planning on leaving until he was certain I was set for the night, so I gave in.

"Fine, I was trying to grab my extra pillows. It'll feel better when I'm not laying flat on my back. I've been shot there before."

"I don't know what to say to that," Steve said as he reached up, pulling down two more pillows and setting them on the bed.

"You made that look easy, you know."

He grinned endearingly, "I know."

I piled up the pillows on the bed. Reaching in my nightstand, I pulled out an Ace bandage and tossed it to Steve before I took off the sling, discarding it on the chair.

"I need you to wrap these ice packs so they'll stay put." I held the front pack so he could get it started winding the wrap firmly around me.

"Are you in pain right now?" he asked as he worked,