Za Vstrechu

Sarah's POV
I stared at my phone, slightly puzzled as to what was going on. Steve looked just as confused.

7 pm. Be there or be square ;)

Be where? For what? Kinda thin on the details. ;P I responded.

Cap, fill her in. I expect to see you both there

"Did we make plans while I was high on painkillers yesterday?" I asked Steve and his face cleared.

"Uh, no, it's Thursday. Team movie night at Stark's house here in DC."

"Ok, then. Do I need to dress up? How long does it take to get there?"

"No, what you're wearing is fine; I'm not changing. It's about 20 minutes from here, give or take. We eat first and then watch whatever Pepper has picked out."

"Sounds fun!" The washer toned, indicating my load was ready for the dryer. I climbed off Steve and went to switch out my loads. It was already almost 5, so I would have time to finish my last load before we had to leave.

"It's certainly never dull, I guess."

"Do we need to bring anything?"

"Just ourselves. Tony gets insulted if we do anything other than bring our own alcohol."

"Do we need alcohol?"

He thought that over for a bit, "Probably wouldn't be a bad idea, now that I think of it. We'll pick something up on the way, then, if you're all right with that."

"Sure. You're buying." I started the dryer and began putting the rest of the clothes into the washer.

"If I get carded, you can't laugh at their reactions to my birthday."

"What is your birthday?"

"July 4th."

"What year?"

"Every year." I couldn't see him, but I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Seriously, Steve! How long have you been using that line?"

"1918."

"July 4th. Could you be any more patriotic, Captain America?" I laughed as I started the washer and came back into the living room as he groaned. "At least my stealth suit isn't red, white and blue."

"It's only missing the red, well it was – until I bled on it yesterday – so nope, still pretty patriotic." I grinned as he rolled his eyes at me.

"What do you want to do for an hour, then? We can start the movie, but since we're going to be watching one later we can do something else."

"Do you want to go walk in the park? I know you probably run there in the mornings, but it's too beautiful of a day to stay inside."

"Sure, let me grab my sunglasses and take these ice packs off. They're starting to get mushy already." I started winding up the Ace wrap and let Steve finish taking it off. I took off my sling and tossed it on the couch. He put the ice packs in his freezer while I grabbed my sunglasses off my table.

"Wow, it was a great day to take a walk in the park. I can't say I've ever been so leisurely there before." I sniffed the flowers he had bought from a florist's stall. Steve had surprised me with the brightly colored arrangement when we had stopped to admire the beautiful displays the shopkeeper had out.

"Me either. It was nice to do something out of the ordinary." Steve unlocked his door and I followed him in. The dryer was done, so I emptied it out into my basket and put the next load in to dry. Most of my clothes didn't need folding, so I wasn't worried about doing that right then, but Steve was clearly a tidier person than I was, since he took the basket into the bedroom and dumped it on the bed.