chapter twenty

Olivia had to leave for the airport in two hours and Natalie Martin was currently explaining to her daughter that she was unable to drive her.

"Mom, who am I gonna get to drive me?"

"I don't know, your sister?"

"Mom! I'm not going to see you for a month! Least you could do is bring me to the airport!"

"Honey, I have a meeting and it's crucial that I go. If you hadn't decided to go so last minute I could've gone. Someone needs to be able to pay the bills and I won't be able to if I'm jobless."

Olivia sighed, "You're right. I'm sorry. I just love you, and I'm going to miss you."

Natalie smiled, hugging her daughter. "Everything fine. We can say our goodbyes here, and then have your sister drive you to the airport."

"You know what? I think I actually have someone else in mind." Olivia smiled

"Stiles, hey." Olivia smiled into the phone. Natalie had left ten minutes ago, after their heartfelt goodbye.

"Olivia? What's up?"

"Are you free right now?"

"Uhh... Yep! Totally free!"

"Great! I was wondering if you could drive me to the airport."

"Airport? You're leaving? For how long? When? Why?-"

"Stiles. Calm down let me explain." Olivia laughed into the phone

...

"Here let me take that." Stiles took the large suitcase from Olivia's hands, placing it in the back of Roscoe.

"Thanks." Olivia smiled, moving a strand of hair from her face to behind her ear.

"Oh, uh, it was nothing, it's nothing."

Olivia smiled, running back inside to grab her purse filled with all her flying necessities.

"So you're really going?" Stiles asked

"Only for a month. Probably less." Stiles sadly nodded, looking down.

Walking back outside, she dropped her purse on the Jeep's passenger seat.

"So, why did you ask me to drive you?"

"My mom had a meeting."

"What about Lydia?"

"She's inside."

"I'm not complaining or anything because I'm easy glad you asked me drive you, but she couldn't take you?"

"She could. I guess I just, want you too." Olivia shrugged, not looking him in the eyes. Stiles smiled widely at the fact that she wanted him to drive her. She wanted him. Him.

"Forgetting someone?" Lydia asked from the doorway.

"Nope! Get in the back!" Olivia smiled, bringing the Roscoe's passenger seat forward after moving her purse to the car's floor.

Lydia scoffed as she climbed over and sat cramped in the back seat. As Olivia fixed the chair, sitting down, Stiles doing the same in the driver seat Lydia asked, "Remind me agin why we aren't taking a different car?"

"Because... I like this car." Olivia said, looking at her sister then back to the front. She didn't see it, but Stiles wore a toothy grin after she had said that.

AFTER checking her bag, the three teenagers made their way to the security lane. However, before they reached it, Stiles grabbed Olivia's arm.

"Do you really have to go?" Olivia looked Stiles n the eyes, seeing the sad but stern look on his face. Sighing, she turned to Lydia.

"Will you go save me a spot in the security line?"

Lydia nodded, and after eyeing the two, did as told.

"This is what's best for me right now."

"Do you really believe that?"

"Yes, I do. I need time Stiles. And I need to be alone for a bit."

"I just- I don't want you to leave."

"I'm not leaving that long. I honestly doubt I'll be gone a month."

Stiles sighed looking away, trying not to let any tears slip out. He really need her.

"Stiles..." Olivia softly placed her hands on his face, moving it so that he was looking her in the eyes.

"Please don't be mad at me."

"I'm not. It's not that. I want you to do whatever makes you happy. But, it'll just be so different here without you." he looked down

Olivia gave him a soft smile. "I'll miss you. A lot." this made Stiles look back up at her.

Olivia wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him.

"It will go by quickly okay? And I'm coming back. I promise you that." After what seemed like ages to both of them, but was only a couple seconds, Olivia pulled back. She frowned seeing a small tear slip from his eye.

"Hey, don't do that. I'll just make me cry." She wiped his tear, making him smile, lightly laughing.

"Goodbye Stiles."

"Goodbye Olivia."

Olivia released her hands from his face, turning around, and began to walk to Lydia. However, after only moving a couple feet, she stopped.

Do it. Don't do it. Do it. Don't do it... her mind screamed at her.

"Olivia, you okay?"

Do it.

Olivia turned around, sprinting over to Stiles and kissed him. Stiles eyes widened in utter shock, but after a few seconds, he closed his eyes, wrapping his arms around her wait after she wrapped hers around his neck.

After a few seconds, Olivia slowly detached their lips, her eyes fluttering open. Soon after, Stiles' eyes did the same.

"You better not forget me." Olivia told him, confidently.

Stiles was at a complete loss of words. He literally just stood there, mouth hanging open. Seeing the effect she had on him, Olivia smirked, turning around and walked to Lydia after flipping her hair.

"What's gotten you so happy?"

"I kissed him. I kissed Stiles."

"You kissed him?"

"I kissed him."