2: Death

Previously:
"So you are going to act like we betrayed you like everyone else here has, okay?" Conner continued. "Chiron, Travis and I are going to act all...betraying...like...Okay?" He asked slowly.

Percy took a deep breath in and out. Nodding, he put on a convincing smile and followed the Stolls into the van outside Half-Blood Hill.

Percy was standing in the middle of the Olympian throne room expressionless. So far all the gods have been doing for the last half hour was pretend to debate about whether or not to kill him. Even without the warnings from Connor and Travis, he would have been able to tell that they had already made up their minds. The only ones who didn't seem to be agreeing with the motion to kill him was Hestia, Hades, Apollo and Artemis who were all glowering at the ones electing to kill him.

Mr. D was there but he was reading a wine catalog at the moment, not even participating. Athena and Zeus were having a shouting match, pretty much saying the same thing; Percy deserves to die. Aphrodite was hardly paying attention, and like Mr. D, not participating. Ares and Hephaestus were pretending to debate with each other, with Hephaestus pretending to be on the fence. Hermes seemed to be taking advantage of this time to answer missed calls and sign paperwork. Poseidon and Hera were almost as adamant that Percy was to be executed as Zeus and Athena. Demeter was not even there.

Their acting skills weren't all that great.

"Enough!" Zeus finally shouted over the noises of the other gods. "If you are all done arguing, we will continue with the meeting to decide Perseus Jackson's fate."

Percy snorted quietly to himself so quietly only those next to him would have been able to hear him. Which just happened to be the Stolls. They had a hard time keeping their composures at that.

Zeus continued, unaware of the disrespect being shown towards him. "Perseus Jackson, you are accused of spying for the enemy in the Giant War and causing the deaths of countless demigods and the mortals caught in the cross fire," he said. Apparently everyone blamed him for his own parent's death. He had found them the day he returned home after the war, laying in their own blood. From what he could tell, they had been that way for a few days already.

Percy's heart got stuck in his throat. He could not fault the gods for that accusation. He felt the truth of those words penetrate his stiff posture. His face softened, tears starting to collect in his eyes and he felt his knees buckle.

Fortunately, he righted himself before he collapsed.

Unfortunately, the Stolls noticed his weakened posture.

"Percy?" Connor whispered worriedly.

"I'm fine," Percy whispered curtly.

Travis and Connor shared a look, and although Percy did not speak their silent language, he knew they didn't believe him.

Before anyone could say anything else, Percy regained his composure and spoke up. "Forgive me, My Lord Zeus, but I believe that I had made myself clear when I said that my name was Percy." He paused to bow in his direction, hoping that the show of respect would soften the heart of his uncle. "And may I ask about the evidence for these accusations?"

"Poseidon, keep that brat of yours under control!" Zeus shouted. He appeared to not have even noticed the increase of respect towards him.