3| All Because Of This Jerk

A L L B E C A U S E O F
T H I S J E R K

W O R D C O U N T: 959

"Who the fuck do you think you are?" Humza gripped my arms tightly

"Who the fuck do you think you are?" Humza gripped my arms tightly. I winced as it caused unbearable pain.

Is he drunk again?

"Move your hand now." I yelped and he seemed to be amused and beguiled at my outburst but that was soon replaced with rage as his grip tightens even more.

"And why would you think I'de listen to you?" He snapped.

"Well I knew you were a coward and you are just proving me right." I smirked even though I wanted to cry.

This somewhat worked and he just jerked me away but not before taking away my handbag.

"Hey! Give that back to me." Before I could snatch it back, two of his men or bodyguard or whatever, held me back. My hands were now surely going to break.

Humza unzipped my bag turning it upside down on the table, unfolding the most embarrassing and ignominious moment of my life.

All my belongings were littered on the floor and I wanted mother earth to just swallow me.

He seemed to be unfazed though. He picked up my phone and began to operate it.

"What are you doing? Give me my phone." I struggled but failed miserably.

"Fiesty. Do I like it? No." He sniggered arrogantly.

"Where is my family?" I caterwauled as suddenly my reason to come here hit me.

For some reason he acted like he didn't hear it and that doubled my outburst.

Shoot!

"What the hell is wrong with you? Are you deaf?" I squawked. His eyes immediately snapped up to mine and if only looks could kill, I would be dead.

He marched forward and gripped my jaw in his hands. Damn that hurts.

"Remember never, I repeat never talk to me that way. You are playing with fire." Tears started to form and I blinked back a couple of times to stop them from falling.

I felt like a prisoner or a lifer.

He then handed me my phone. "There I have unblocked myself. Now please stop being the bitch that you are and listen up closely. I don't repe...." He was calm but that outraged me and I stopped him by putting up a hand. He arched his eyebrow in amazement.

"What makes you think I wouldn't block you again?" I retorted.

"You wouldn't dare to. Not if your family is at stake." He won't do anything to my family. Would he?
If it was for me, I would have fought him courageously but when it comes to my family, I would give up everything.

"What did you do to them?" I shouted.

"Shhhhh! Now, now you have to do me a favor and I would leave your family alone." He was mow pacing around.

"What favor?" I asked.

"Well you have to marry me." My eyes were popping out now. He did not just propose me.

"Don't flatter yourself darling. The marriage would be valid only for 6 months."

Does he think I would believe in his stupid talks.

"Nice joke." I laughed it off.

"Well it's not a joke. I am going to marry you. Like it or not. I am just making things easier for you now. I want you to have your share of profit from this marriage as well. Don't you see how kind I am." He smiled like an idiot.

"Marriage is no joke and if you are so much interested in marrying someone. Why Me? For all I know you despise me the most." He nodded.

"Let's just say I am forced to." He then raised a hand and immediately a man gave him a file which I suppose consisted of some legal papers.

"Now women read it and sign it." He literally had the balls to order me.

"I am not your slave and there is no way I am marrying you." I said as a matter of factly.

My phone started buzzing and my aunt's name blinked on the screen. I was confused. Wasn't she with him?

I quickly received it.

"Where are you Anaabiya? I've been calling you Allah knows since when. You hav.." I didn't let her complete.

"Aunty are you fine?" I was worried sick.

"Yes perfectly. Forget it, I don't have time for this. I called you to tell you that we are not home. Humza's mother had invited us for dinner. You have to come here too. And.." Before she could say anything else, Humza snatched my phone away.

I glared at him.
"How dare you?" I shouted.

"You tricked me. You jerk." He just smirked.

"I didn't do it, doesn't mean I can't do it. Now stop wasting my time and sign the God damn papers. I'll pay you and we'll be done with it." He said handing me the paper.

I wanted to kick him so hard but I preferred not seeing him ever again.

"Never." I replied throwing the file at him. He clenched his fist as if trying to calm himself.

I started walking away. He didn't stop me and as soon as I was almost out I heard him saying "If you put one foot out. The deal is over and I'll have to do it my way then." As if dude. Nobody can force me.

With that I breathed a sigh of relief and walked home in the cold freezing night all because of this jerk named Humza.

E D I T E D on 29

E D I T E D on 29.12.2017