Diss Track [Emon]

Check out the new chapter for 'The Boy Online', my new Wroetostar Fanfiction, here: www.wattpad.com/316803971-the-boy-online-wroetostar-chapter-1

Prompt: Can u make one of something relating to the dis track ricegum made of Ethan. I don't care what ship, but something bout the dis track please?

Had to choose Emon because I live for protective Simon and Emon is my fave. Thank you for your request, I really hope you like this! ☺

Word Count: 1515

~✖~

When Ethan turned on his phone and opened Twitter this morning, he immediately wished that he didn't. 

A couple of weeks ago when YouTube Rewind was released, he had watched it because his friend's Vik and JJ were in it and he was so happy for them - Vik worked his absolute ass off for the success he has and there isn't a single one of JJ's videos where Ethan doesn't find himself in fits of laughter after he watches it. He couldn't think of two people more deserving to be featured in the YouTube Rewind video than Vik and JJ. 

After watching the video, he had scrolled down the comments and had seen multiple comments of people complaining that 'RiceGum' hadn't been included in the video. 'What the fuck is a Rice Gum?' Ethan thought to himself. A quick Twitter search of this RiceGum figure lead Ethan to a profile of someone who seemed like a Youtuber with 1 million Twitter followers. The first Tweet he saw was:

Went from 0 to 5 million subscribers all in 1 year and didn't make YouTube rewind lol trash

This Tweet was followed by a link to a YouTube video he had posted, titled 'The YouTube Rewind 2016 RANT!!! (NOT FAIR)'. Ethan held back a laugh as he clicked on the video and watched it. How uptight was this kid? Ethan had never heard of this 'big' YouTuber before and found it unbelievable that he had the audacity to complain that he wasn't featured in a video. He disliked the video and went back to Twitter, typing out a couple of Tweets to this egotistical idiot. 

ricegum is a dickhead

"why am I not in youtube rewind? i started a shitty diss track trend. Notice the people that grinded pls youtube"

As soon as he posted the Tweets, his mentions blew up with Tweets such as "SLAYYYY" and "ETHAN HAS NO CHILL". Ethan grinned. He loved the Sidemen fans more than anything and he was so grateful for their existence.

He had almost forgotten that he'd posted those Tweets until today. When he'd opened Twitter, his mentions were filled with nasty comments from strangers. Where the fuck had this come from? Sure enough, he'd often receive the odd Tweet calling his videos shit but Ethan had thick skin, so this didn't affect him. However, when every single Tweet in his mentions consisted of hateful words, they were starting to get to him.

With tears prickling at his eyes, Ethan knew he should have just stopped at the first hateful mention. Mention after mention and comment after comment, it was as if Ethan had become addicted. He'd always taken everything to heart, ever since he got bullied at school about his weight, and began to believe everything he read.

His hand was trembling now and he was hardly able to read the tweets as his phone was moving around so much. Why was this all happening to him? What had he done wrong?

When he couldn't take anymore, he clicked off Twitter and opened his text messages. He had 24 unread messages, what the fuck? As he began to read through them, it started to all make sense.

Tobi: Can you believe that Rice Gum guy? What an asshole!!!

Josh: Ethan, ignore the comments. They aren't true and Rice Gum is an idiot