12 | Beach Trip Between Us

12. Beach Trip Between Us

"Sometimes you just need a break. In a beautiful place. Alone. To figure things out."

•°•°•

"Hey! You ready?" I asked Claire. I had come to pick her up.

"Well yeah," She said. "I am so excited!"

"That Jake will be with me!" I finished her unspoken sentence, using the same level of excitement she used.

"Shut up!" She said, looking away. I saw a hint of red on her cheeks and smirked.

"Oh my God! You're blushing! Seriously, what did Jake do?" I wondered out loud.

She didn't reply but instead turned into a tomato. I shook my head at her.

We drove to Darren's place. We were all going to meet up there. Everyone was coming with us. Claire, Brian, Jake, Sam, Darren, Josh, Tyler and I. There were eight of us. Quite a party.

We pulled up at Darren's and got out. I knocked on the door.

A few seconds later, Darren opened the door.

"Hi," I and Claire said in unison.

"Hi," Darren said, hugging both of us.

"Has everyone made it here?" I asked.

"No. Some of the boys are still remaining, Brian and Sam," Darren replied as we entered the living room and saw Tyler, Josh and Jake, all sprawled on the sofa, eating pancakes.

"Oh hello, dearies. Come, sit and have some pancakes. I made them for you." Maria, Darren's grandma said, a tray full of delicious and mouthwatering pancakes in her hands.

"Thank you," Claire said, grabbing one. She took a bite of the pancake and I could tell she was holding back a moan.

"These are great," she said and Maria thanked her.

I looked up at the clock. It was already 9:42.

"When are they going to reach?"

"I called them. They are on their way. They'll be here in like, ten or fifteen minutes. You know, Brian lives a bit far away," Darren answered.

I nodded.

"Sit down Brooke, and eat some pancakes," Maria smiled pleasantly at me.

"I'd love to. But I already ate before coming here so I'm pretty full now. But thanks," I politely declined, smiling back at her with equal warmth.

She nodded and told me to have it if I wanted to which I thanked her again.

All of us were sitting in the living room watching a show when we heard a car pull up in the driveway thirty minutes later than what Darren said.

Soon enough, Brian and Sam walked in.

"Sorry we are late," Brian said.

"Why were you late? We waited for about an hour for you two," I asked him sternly. No way did I want him to be a damper for today.

"I wouldn't have been late if you hadn't asked me to visit you at night," he whispered in my ear.

"I. Didn't. Ask. You. To. Come!" I said, glaring at him.

"It's okay, man," Josh said. Thank God nobody heard what he said. Josh turned to us. "Let's go then?"

Everyone responded with okays and yeahs. I got up too.