Chapter 9

Manon's P.O.V

We all sat down. It almost looked like the table was halved, since we were sitting on one side of the table, and Rhysand and his court sat on the other. We didn't know them, no need to start being best friends yet. Rhysand frowned at the separation, but quickly recovered and beamed at us.

"I'm sure you are dying to know each other." He said. I scoffed. He gave me a look and continued. "Just get to know each other. Then I have an announcement I would like to share." Everybody stared at him, as if looking at him would hint the special announcement. A woman sitting across from me sighed loudly and cleared her throat.

"Amren. Second in command," She said in a bored tone.

 I looked at her. She had short black hair and tan skin, and was wearing a deep purple top showered with specks of glitter and some necklaces. She also had this I-don't-care attitude about her. I immediately liked her because of it. She smiled at us, though it was more of a smirk, as if she was trying to intimidate us.

"Manon Blackbeak. Queen of the Chrochan witches," Her eyes widened at the word witch, and edged forward a bit.

"It must be an honour to be second in command," I continued on, slyly, a hint of menace creeping up my voice. Oh, two are gonna play at this game. She raised her eyebrows, as if the daunting was tangible, then smiled again.

"Yes, yes it is. Say, have you ever tried blood before?"

Lysandra's P.O.V

I watched Manon and Amren engage in a deep conversation. I guess they suit each other, both being...a bit scary. The lady across from Elide gave us a knowing smile.

"I feel a bit sorry for you that the portal had come to Velaris. I mean it's beautiful and all, but be warned! The boys will probably make best buddies by fighting, and trying to show each other who's in charge," She laughed. Aelin, Elide and I laughed aswell. The lady was easy-going and fun, but even with her laughing blonde locks, her eyes sparkled with vengeance, which I mostly saw in someone who had great valour. Like Aelin. I liked her.

"Your saying it like it's surprising! I'm Aelin, that's Lysandra," Aelin pointed to me. "And that's Elide," She pointed to Elide. "They're the ladies of the court, and the only sensible ones." The lady nodded at us, then sighed.

"I'm Morrigan, but you can call me Mor. Third in command, and Rhysand's cuz, and it's the same here, Amren and I are the only decent ones too,"

"I heard that you know," A man with black hair and sparkling hazel eyes said. She smirked at him.

"That's Cassian, the idiot," She whispered.

"Heard that too," Cassian called from the top of the table. Mor just smirked

 Rhysand's court was really easy going and I liked that. Mor looked at me for a second, then her eyes widened.

"Shape shifter?" She asked, barely a whisper. I nodded. She grinned.

"Cool!"

Cassian's P.O.V

All the girls were talking, chatting about shops and clothes probably. Rowan introduced us to everyone, and I introduced the boys and I. Afterwards, it got pretty awkward, I mean everyone was just looking at the menus, muttering the specials. WHO DOES THAT IN A RESTARAUNT?!

"It's time to do what I do best," I muttered, closing my menu.

"Oh no, please don't," Azriel said beside me, lifting the menu higher to cover his face, but taking sneaky peaks at Mor in the process. What a pair of  lovebirds.

"Everyone, close your menus pronto," I said, and Rowan, Dorian and Aedion did, bewildered. I smiled. Rhysand's face flashed with recognition and groaned.

"We all want to be best buds... sooooo since we're at a table... LET THE ARM WRESTLING COMMENCE," 

Aedion's P.O.V

Wait...what? Rhysand just gave us a sympathetic smile, then nodded to Cassian.

"Cassian thinks the key to true friends is strength. He's like that," I laughed, and thought this would be fun. Rowan even loosened up too, his green eyes almost laughing.  Dorian just sat there smiling. I wonder why.

"I choose smiley smirky Dorian to rise up to the challenge," Cassian said, noticing it too.

"No problem," He said, and switched places with me, so he was directly opposite Cassian.

"Azriel, count us down," Cassian said, and placed his arm in the centre of the table. Dorian's arms lay still his side, but then an arm almost made of transparent smoke appeared, and clenched Cassian's hand. I know why he was smiling now. This was going to be fun. Rowan smiled. Rhysand lifted his eyebrows in surprise.

"Three, two, one GO!" Azriel shouted, which made the girls stop and watch. I saw Cassian trying hard, his veins popping out of his hand, but Dorian's shadow hand was strong and it was clear that it was overpowering Cassian.  Cassian let out a yelp and let his hand free.

"You cheater!" He said, almost laughing. "You powerful little cheater! I like you though, that was awesome!" Dorian laughed.

"Thanks. I had to though, if I used my hand alone I would have been maimed," He said.

"True," Cassian said. "Okay then, who's next?"

_______________________________________________________

( I can totally imagine Manon and Amren, yknow?)

xxx