46

When we landed we were taken straight to Fury to relay what happened on our trip. On the way I kept an eye out for Bucky. Weird, he's not around. We had the guy we caught put in an interrogation room.
"Almost didn't recognize you, Della."
I turned to see Buck off to the side with a smile on his face. I sped over to him and hugged him tight.
"Bucky!"
"How was the trip? What happened to your eye?," he looked furious at that last part.
"The trip was awesome! I got to kick some ass! I was in a fight and there were too many people coming at me. I got punched twice and stabbed. It was insane!," I turned my back to him to show him the scar on my back from the stabbing.
He smiled and spoke through his teeth. "Can't wait to hear about it."

Everyone was going to be there for the meeting, my three friends, Garrett, and the Avengers.
"What we've gathered from this trip is crucial to everyone," Fury began. "We're going to need to relocate our HQ. Too many people know our whereabouts and it's a safety hazard to all of us. It's still here in New York just away from here. We'll be heading out in two days, so start packing up."
We were dismissed but I held back to talk to Fury.
"Are we relocating because of me?," I knew the answer I just wanted a confirmation.
"Yes, but the new facility will provide us with more research opportunities than this one. Plus more space for training."
I smirked. "You really know how to make my 'putting everyone in danger' seem like an opportunity."
"It's what I do."
I left with a clouded mind. I need to start targeting the people after me. I can't have one of them hurt someone on the team. I'll never hear the end of it.

*Bucky's POV*
After the meeting I asked Steve if I could speak to him alone.
"What's wrong-?" I didn't give him a chance to finish his sentence. I grabbed him by the throat and backed him against the wall.
"I asked you to do a simple favor for me and this is how you repay me?"
"What?," he gasped out.
"I asked you to keep an eye on Della. She comes back with a black eye, a broken nose, and a scar from being stabbed!"
He couldn't speak so I let him go. I gave him a minute to compose himself.
"She started. The fight. I wasn't there."
"Exactly! You weren't. She could have been killed!"
He stood up straighter. "You can't be serious, James. She's young, but she's capable of handling herself."
I ran a hand through my hair. "You don't get it. Just next time, keep an eye on her." I stormed away from him before he could add anything else. I feel like a protective older brother over her. I owe her my life. She keeps me out of the dark. I don't want her to end up like me.

*Della's POV*
After a long day of chatting, packing, and some laughter I finally went to bed. While I was asleep, my mind sensed danger and I sprang awake calling all of my powers to my side. Natasha was standing by the door.
"We need to talk," she nonchalantly spoke as she made her way towards me.
"You need to knock on my door, learn the word privacy, don't sneak up on me-."
"There's a spy on our team."
"What?"
"The photographs I found were of you. Working out, talking to someone, they were obviously taken by someone on the inside."
"Do you know how recent they were?"
"My guess, pretty recent. There was one of you in the gym using your powers."
Shit. "We'll be vulnerable when we leave to the new facility. I'm gonna have to search mind's tomorrow. Does Fury know?"
"He's aware."
She turned away to exit my room.
"Next time you try to do this, I will not hesitate to kill you," I threatened.
"Please," she rolled her eyes and walked out.
Damn. She's so badass.

*Steve's POV*
I had to tell Bucky what I saw out there in Italy. I went to his room and knocked on the door.
"Come in," he answered.
I entered and closed the door behind myself. "We need to talk about Della."
He was sitting down on the edge of his bed when I entered but when I brought up Della he stood.
"What's wrong," he asked?
I went over to him and took him over to the couch to talk. "When we were inside of the building she called us to attack. When we got there she had taken out forty men. By herself. She didn't stop, not even to take a knife out of her back."
"I've been in fights before with the same aftermath, Steve. What's your point?"
I sighed. "It's just that I worry she's getting out of control. That her powers could be getting stronger."
"Steve, I know. Why do you think Hydra wants her so badly? But what happened out there is not abnormal."
So this is why he protects her. He doesn't want her to become like him, another person Hydra can manipulate.
I got up. "Buck. You have to admit, there's is something abnormal about her."
"There's something abnormal about all of us, Steve."
I walked out of his room and headed to mine.