Chapter 2

In a few days, two of her mates had rejected her and she had turned rogue.

She was feeling helpless and unworthy of being loved. She felt incomplete and my wolf wasn't there anymore. Ruby tried and tried, but she gave up eventually. Because she knew that she had given up and she was too. She asked her Moon Goddess on why this ever happen. She could never have a happy ending.

She saw a knife under some leaves and she went near it. She held the knife and pointed on her heart and wished to see her mother; her smiling mother, because she knew that she was the only one who cared, even if she never met her. She closed her eyes and the point of the knife started to penetrate into her skin.

But she stopped when a high pitched scream sounded in the thin air. She held the knife on her hand and ran till she was near to the place.

There was a small girl, maybe five years old, trapped under 6 watchful eyes. They were men with knives trying to kill her. Her wolf suddenly resurfaced and turned into a pure black wolf and she tore the men apart, limb by limb.

She transformed back into a human and quickly went to the child. She was crying but her grip on Ruby was tight. Her wolf shouted, demanded, Ruby to take her to a safe space and protect her forever.

Ruby looked into her blue eyes and asked her name. She answered between her sobs, "Elena." That day Ruby's heart was engraved with a new-born love. Ruby asked Elena about her parents and said they were gone. Ruby asked if she wanted to embark on a journey with her and Elena nodded at that instant and smiled brightly at her new family.

They walked through the woods and found a railway station. They got on the train and travelled to the nearest airport. Ruby looked at her backpack to see that she had enough money for six months and then she had to find a job. She paid for a plane ticket and flew to England, to her new life with Elena.

Both of them stepped into a new land and they immediately brought a small apartment that they could afford in the future. Ruby changed her surname to Warzone because that was her mother's middle name. She also made legal papers to adopt Elena and soon after one month, she was. Both of them celebrated with a cake with Elena's favourite flavour. She arranged for Elena to study in a good school, where she was comfortable.

After everything in life had meaning, being Elena, she was ready to make a living. She searched for jobs and jobs, but they weren't any. She almost gave up, when she was approached by a high-class lady. She looked up and she offered a job to be an event planner. Ruby tried to say that she has no experience, but the lady was looking for a protégé and she had found one.

Later, Ruby accepted and became acquaintances with her boss, Ms Smith. She searched for her boss on the internet and found out that she was a famous event planner, the best, and Ruby was next.

She came home and she wanted to tell her beautiful daughter that she had found a job and they should celebrate. She opened Elena's door loudly to find an odd image.

All of her belongings were lifted into the air without Elena or anyone touching it. Elena saw her mother and panicked. Ruby asked what was happening and Elena said, "Magic."

That's when she realised that her daughter was gifted, a witch. Ruby smiled by knowing that news, but Elena was scared.

Ruby asked why was that and Elena explained that the reason those men wanted to kill her was because of her magic. Ruby realised those men were hunters and they were trying to kill her daughter because she was a witch. She told her daughter that she would shield her from evil and she would never break that promise.

Elena was beaming and Ruby told her good news.