Seventeen

Their lips remained still. She held her breath. He looked up at her but was met with closed eyes. He dipped in once more and brushed his lips against her own; he had become uncertain if he should continue. Taking a leap of faith, Harry lightly placed his hand against her warm cheek and touched her lips with his own. 

His breath was caught. Her mind was spinning.

Without another moment of hesitation, Harry placed both hands on her cheek and kisses her harder. She didn't give it a second thought. With a small ounce of uncertainty she lightly tugged on the curls at the nape of his neck. He let out a small groan as she tugged again. Their kiss deepened; a concoction of lust and passion. 

Harry began to push in more causing Ava to slump back into her couch. Their bodies fit together like an old puzzle piece. With each passing moment they became lost with one another.

Harry slowly moved his hand away from Ava's cheek and brought it to her waist. Controlled by the passion of each others actions, he began to slowly tug at her shirt. Ava didn't stop. Without any hesitation, Harry bit on Ava's lip causing her mouth to open and allow a muffled moan to escape. 

It was in that moment that Harry's brain caught up with his heart. He quickly slowed down and leaned back. Ava had become completely entranced by Harry's passion. It had taken her a moment to realize that he had stopped. She opened her eyes slowly and became completely flush. She was so caught up that she had not realized that her shirt and slid up. Quickly tugging it down, she sat up and scooted away. This caused a distance that Harry quickly took a dislike to. 

"Harry-" Her voice was soft and her lips were swollen. 

"Ava-" His voice was scratchy creating a million butterflies in the pit of her stomach. He leant back against the couch while  raking a hand through his tangled curls. She bit the inside of her lip subconsciously while looking at her own hands. It took a moment for both to recollect their thoughts. 

"Ava," he tried again- this time his voice not as hoarse but still equally sensual. "I'm not sure what came over me." 

A wave of insecurity washed over Ava. Thoughts of doubt began to invade her mind. I shouldn't have kissed him...

"But that doesn't mean I regret it." 

She let out the breath that she was unaware she was holding. She looked over at him timidly. His gaze on her was intense but soft. A hint of lust remained but was being overtaken with affection. 

"Neither do I." And she meant that. Not once did she regret allowing Harry to kiss her. However, she would be lying if she said she wasn't sure why she did. 

"It seems like we need to stop drinking alcohol. It keeps causing us to make out." Her voice was playful and he squeezed her knee. 

"I think so." 

They stared at one another for a moment, neither one saying a word. The small smile on Harry's face was clear that he was beginning to fall for Ava. 

"Thank you for telling me about your parents." 

Ava stiffed up at the mention of her parents. Harry quickly took notice and placed his arm around her petite frame. She unconsciously leaned in at his touch. He took that as a sign of gratitude. He never pushed her to talk about her past; something she was thankful for. This didn't mean that he was not completely enthralled by her. In fact, it caused Harry to want to know more. 

"I want to know you, Ava. Everything about you. If you let me."

The world seemed still in that moment. It had been a long time since a guy has shown any ounce of interest in her. She knew that she had to open up to Harry about her past. Yet there was still a piece of her walls that would not crumble down.