Chapter 5

Ruby didn't mind their words and just ran home, in search of Shelly.

When she got home, Shelly was reading her magazine and her smile was replaced with distress. Shelly asked what was wrong and Ruby told a part of what had happened. Shelly nodded and started to make a healing potion. She gave to Elena and put her into the bed. Shelly informed that she was alright and would wake up in a few hours, leaving Ruby breathing normally.

Shelly tried again with the question and Ruby was about to answer when there was a bang on the main door. Ruby went to open the door and found the rogues that she had saved, Dylan and Isaac. Both of them barged into the door and Dylan asked, "How is she, Alpha?"

Shelly was speechless and listened to the conversation. Ruby took a shaky breath and said, "I am not your Alpha. I already told you that you got the wrong person. I--"

Suddenly Shelly joined the conversation, "What exactly did she say?"

Ruby was about to explain, when Isaac noted with narrowed eyes, "You are a human."

Shelly said with a stern voice, "I am a witch and her mother."

Isaac was shocked, as well as Dylan. Isaac quickly followed with a question while looking at Ruby, "How is that possible?"

Ruby said in a determinate voice, "Shelly is not my real mother."

Shelly looked hurt, but she replaced with a smile quite immediately. Ruby didn't miss her expression, thus adding, "But she has been there for me, which only a mother can do that."

Shelly looked straight into Ruby's eyes and smiled widely and truly with sparkling eyes. Isaac said his assumptions out loud, "Alpha's daughter is a witch too."

Ruby brought her attention to her intruders and asked again, "What can I do for you?"

Dylan said, "We are here to convince you to be our Alpha. We saw your eyes."

Shelly asked Ruby, "What about her eyes and how did Elena faint?"

Isaac was the first to say, "Her eyes were dark red, as we have light shade. Dark red is meant to be myths. But --"

Shelly finishes, "She is meant to be your Alpha and a powerful one."

Ruby disagreed, "Shelly, you can't be serious. I am not cut out to be an Alpha."

Shelly says ignoring what Ruby said, "What happens to Elena?"

Ruby explained, "She looked up and her eyes were rolled back, which scared me. She was facing me and she said in a strange voice that I was meant to be their Alpha, which I—"

Shelly realised, "Then it's true. You are..." Ruby was about to disagree again, when Shelly continued, "You need to follow the destiny."

Ruby tried again to rein whatever this lunacy was, but she was unsuccessful. She found herself looking at her daughter's bedroom door and thought about her words. Ruby was still sceptical, but she knew that her daughter had the power to see the future, which was scary. Ruby couldn't believe that her life would change again, whatever was better or for the worse.

But she found herself saying, "Call the pack."

Isaac and Dylan smiled at each other and went outside to call all the members from the rogue pack. Ruby was having second thoughts about the whole idea, but Shelly reassured her that she can do it. Ruby started to argue, "But it is a big responsibility, what if--"

Shelly interrupted, "Your job is to protect your pack. You already protected your family, so what if few members join the pack?" Ruby listened to all the words that she said, but Shelly continued, "But remembered they are rogues and misguided. They will need you to shine the light."