Chapter 6

Ruby wanted to ask what Shelly meant, when several bulky men and few women started entering her apartment. Shelly stayed in a corner, while Ruby was in the middle of the room.

She looked at each member and she could see anger in their eyes, while she was calm. How could they relate to her? But then she remembered what Shelly had said... That they were misguided.

Ruby masked her feelings into something stoic and promised, "My name is Ruby Warzone. You have chosen me to be your Alpha and I know that I can protect you all."

A girl interrupted Ruby's speech by asking wickedly, "How?"

Ruby brought a smirk of her own and said, "I have connection to places that you can only imagine. Politicians, celebrities and stars. I can bend everyone if I want."

The girl nodded with a frown and she didn't dare to speak again. Ruby continued, "I know that some of you are sceptical but I didn't choose this. I was happy taking care of my daughter. I don't know what makes me worthy bu--"

Isaac spoke, "You saved me and Dylan, the rogues, from pack members from the Ireland. I know that no one from here would help me, but you as a stranger shot five men with silver bullets."

Someone from the crown shouted, "Why do have a gun with silver bullets?"

I faced the person who had shouted and answered, "So I can protect my daughter and myself. But also, anyone who needs my help."

The same man asked, "Why did you do save us?"

I sighed and said, "Because nobody deserves what they were doing to Dylan and Isaac. I been in their shoes and--"

Dylan growled and said, "When? I will rip the--"

Ruby said with authority bringing her wolf to surface, "Enough."

Dylan immediately bowed his head and everyone followed his suit. Ruby frowned and she asked, "Why would you bow to me?"

Dylan looked at me and said, "Because you are our Alpha."

Ruby sighed and contemplated how much her life might change. Her wolf proud of herself and forcing Ruby to accept. Ruby said after few seconds, "I will only accept if everyone agrees."

The room was quiet and some asked a personal question to Ruby about her journey as rogue. Ruby nodded and said, "I was abused by my previous pack members. Then my mate rejected me because I wasn't enough for him and then I became a rogue. Along the way, I met my second mate but he rejected me too and said that he had someone else."

That rogue asked about Elena and her father. Ruby said, leaving the details of her journey, "Elena is my adopted daughter."

The rogue nodded and the silence returned. After that, Isaac shouted that he accepted me as his Alpha. Then Dylan and later the rest agree me as their own. Ruby announced, "This pack is going to be called Rogue Pack. Any objections?"

Nobody said anything and Ruby accepted that as an agreement. She continued, "Isaac is my Beta and Dylan my omega. Any objections?"

Again nobody said anything and Ruby finished, "Then, I am ready to become your Alpha."

A change of surroundings had happened. Ruby changed and she felt it through her veins and mind. She connected with each pack member, all of them welcoming their new Alpha. Ruby smiled at warmth that her heart felt after so many years. She looked through the room and they were cheering, Ruby knew that they felt the jolt too.

*****

Read, vote and comment!