Chapter 16

She dropped Elena to her house with Shelly, while she went to her pack house. She went to her office and started to work around accounts and making progress on the small businesses that she had invested on.

She went outside and talked to a few of the werewolves that were around the packed house and they raise a few concerns that she needed to solve.

Ruby was at her office waiting for Isaac and Dylan and when they arrived they were sitting in front of her. Dylan started, "You wanted to see us."

Ruby nodded and spoke, "I am going out for a few months."

Isaac raised an eyebrow and asked, "Why?"

Ruby answered, "Because this pack's relationship with others is horrendous and I need to make it right."

Dylan reasoned, "But there are nine pack, which means nine Alphas. It is dangerous, we are coming with you."

Ruby declined and said, "No. I need you both to handle here. I can't leave my pack unattended."

Isaac asked, "Why now?"

Ruby explained, "Peace and harmony shouldn't exist on this pack, but it does. Because I provide that! They want chaos and destructions, I sent them to camps and train other wolves. They want to open a business; I am there to shed the light. If they want anything, I will give them whatever they want."

Dylan asked, "And they want?"

Ruby finished, "Mates, soulmates. After what they been through, they deserve. Maybe some went to a psychotic break, but that is not the case anymore."

Isaac asked, "What is the other reason?"

Ruby finished, "They need access to cross their lands."

Dylan asked, "Why?"

Ruby answered, "Because I want them to have that luxury. Our wolves are the best killing machines and trainers. I am proud of them and they should witness what a real pack looks like. United."

Isaac suggests, "But all packs are united..."

Ruby shook her head and said, "Not all, Isaac. Some hate their Alphas because they can't protect their packs. Hunters had been busy on a killing spree."

Dylan spat, "Isn't that our job?"

Ruby looked at Isaac and Dylan, it seemed that they were caring and attentive, but it was a façade. The real ones, the rogues, were bloodthirsty but their willingness to kill dropped immensely. Also, the fact that Ruby could control other wolves and she had done to stop the killings.

That was the only time that she had used her resource, but in reality, Ruby only wanted to feel loved and cared for by a family that accepted her. That was the reason that she would cave in to their desires. Ruby understood that her old pack wouldn't help her in any way, but her pack would.

Ruby smiled and changed the topics, "I am leaving tomorrow."

Isaac tried again, "But--"

Ruby commanded, "Nobody is coming with me and I will come back after I meet the nine Alphas. I need you to protect Elena."

Dylan tried to reason, "What if they kill you?"

Ruby smirked and stood up, "I was trained by the best killers. I think I can handle nine Alphas."

Isaac tried, "But--"

Ruby cut him off and said before walking off, "Good night."

Ruby got into her car and instead of going to her house, she went on the woods.

*****

Read, vote and comment!