Chapter 23

Ruby didn't wait for an answer and she walked inside of her office, leaving pack members to witness her true reality. She sat behind the desk and put her hands on her head. She thought out loud, "What have I done?"

An intense voice said, "Something that I never thought you were able to do."

Ruby looked up to see Isaac and Dylan standing near to the door. She sighed once again and remembered the event that had passed a second before. She asked them, "How is Magda?"

Isaac and Dylan didn't wait for an invitation, they walked in and sat on the opposite chairs. Dylan said, "She will be alright. She lost a lot of blood, but they are transfusing blood."

Ruby nodded and sat back on her chair. Ruby said to her Beta and Omega, "I am resigning of my Alpha position and this pack."

Ruby could swear that they stopped breathing in that second that Ruby spoke those words. She was about to continue when Isaac said, "No. You are our Alpha--"

Ruby ignored him and walked outside of the room. She called everyone once again and they all stood in front of her bowing their heads. Ruby's wolf felt joy by seeing that sight and waiting for someone to challenge so she could destroy them but dreading the idea of resigning. She was almost able to destroy Magda but Ruby pushed her wolf aside. Ruby said bluntly, "I am leaving this pack effectively immediately."

Ruby was about to do a dramatic exit but other pack members blocked her way out. She was confused by these and actions and demanded to narrow her eyes, "Let me go."

Everyone said with an echo sound, "No."

Ruby crossed her arms and asked, "Why not?"

Some from the crowd said, "You can't leave the pack. You are our Alpha!"

Ruby was confused about why they were keeping her there. She decided to ask, "Why did you really make me your Alpha?"

Isaac answered, "Because you saved us."

Ruby shook her head and thought out loud, "I saved you too, not the others. You said yourself that no one would save you, so why do other care?" Ruby turned to the other wolves who had bowed their heads and asked the crowd, "Why did you guys want me to be your Alpha? I want the truth."

Ruby could have sworn that their heads bowed down more, like they were afraid of something or her. Ruby was about to demand again, when Dylan walked to the bookshelf behind me and opened the book. Ruby followed Dylan's every move which ended next to Ruby. Dylan asked her to look at the book.

She looked at the ancient book that talked about a wolf with crimson red eyes and couldn't control the wolf. That wolf has emotional deep cuts inside and releases in anger but there would be a soul who could calm her. Also, that was able to inflict pain without any remorse.

The wolf would have the ability to control the wolves in any situation, even in sacred places. However, the wolf couldn't control the rest of the supernatural. There was a picture of a big dark wolf that had his teethes out and red blood eyes.

Ruby put her hand on her heart and felt it beating rapidly. She realised that her wolf was black and with a hint of darkness. Although she already knew of the myth, reading felt a whole new experience. Ruby got out of the trance and closed the book. She looked at Dylan and then the audience and asked directly, "What's the meaning of this?"

Dylan answered with a question, "Did you control us to be the Alpha?"

Ruby felt hurt that he had asked her that. She looked directly at Dylan and said, "What do you think?" Dylan looked to the ground and didn't meet her eyes. She drifted her gazed to the group and continued, "Do you believe that I controlled you to be in this position?"