Chapter 24

Next morning, she woke up and her emotions were all over the place. It was like she had two personalities who were fighting for attention.

Ruby realised that was her wolf trying to surface and take over to cause chaos, and the other part was the human side who wanted to stay gentle.

But both of them had something in common and that the person who was walking inside to give a hug. Elena gave a hug to Ruby and said, "Good morning, Mummy."

Ruby smiled and echoed, "Good morning, sweets."

Ruby broke the hug and Elena kissed her cheek. Elena requested, "Please Mummy, can we stay home and watch TV?"

Ruby didn't see a flaw on her request, so she agreed, "Sure, we can."

Ruby and Elena stayed inside of the house all day and distracted themselves with Harry Potter movies. Ruby expected someone to burst through the door and request to be their Alpha again, but she thought that way would be better because she was feeling psychotic. It was easy to forget those dark thoughts as the person who gave a second life was smiling ear-to-ear next to Ruby. Elena demanded, "Mummy, I want ice cream."

Ruby smiled at her authority. She knew one day Elena would lead the coven of witches because nobody knew except for Shelly and Ruby on how powerful her little angel was.

Ruby was happy that she had reached to save her, otherwise, both of them had been dead. They owed each other for their second chances. Ruby caved in, "Okay, get ready."

Elena runs to get her shoes and she came back with a grin when she saw Ruby standing near to the door. They held each other hands and closed the door.

Through the road, they talked about the view that Ruby had witnessed on Yorkshire and asked if she could visit. Ruby didn't promise anything because she didn't know what would be the Alpha's reaction.

They were sitting on an ice cream shop and they were talking about Elena's school when two bulky men entered through the door. Ruby recognised them from her past pack. The bulky men walked towards them and Ruby saw on Elena's eyes and said, "Don't talk."

Elena was confused but before she could ask, the bulky men stood in front of them. Ruby remained confident and said, "A bit low as we are in public. You know the rules, rogues or pack members can't show themselves to humans, otherwise death."

They remained impassive and Ruby's wolf stood proud at their coolness on how she had taught them to do it. But that was pushed back when one of them spoke, "We know the rules, Alpha."

Ruby retorted, "I am not your Alpha. You people made it clear that you don't trust me. I have nothing to say. Leave us alone."

Before the bulky man could request anything, Isaac came around the corner and said, "We made a mistake, Alpha."

Dylan came forwards and continued, "Please come with us so we can talk more."

Ruby shook her head and said, "No."

Elena intervened, "Mummy, hear what they say."

Ruby sighed, "Elena, you don't know what happens, but I can't be a leader if my wolves don't trust me."

Elena tried again, "Please, Mummy. Just once."

Dylan spoke again, "Please, Alpha."

Ruby sighed again and stood up, "Let's go, but I need to drop Elena. I can't risk her life."

Isaac looked confused, "We would never harm Elena, Ruby."

Ruby laughed darkly and said, "Mistrust goes both ways."

She took Elena and walked inside of the car. Ruby knew that they would follow her car and so she went through many alleys which prolonged their journey.

Eventually, Ruby reached their house and made sure that Elena was safe with Shelly. She got back inside the car and drove to the pack house.

*****

Read, vote and comment!