Chapter 34

Daniel didn't say anything and Ruby was intrigued on what would he do next. She wasn't scared because she was trained by her ex-murderous pack members, she knew the techniques and she was an Alpha. She had the upper hand, so that left her curious about how would he stab her.

Ruby spoke again, "What are you waiting for Alpha Daniel?"

Daniel finally spoke, "I am not here to kill you, because it is not in my nature. You may be a monster, but I am not." Ruby watched him intensely when he put the knife in the table and looked back at her. He continued, "I am here to assess your pack, not revenge my debts."

Ruby said with anger laced, "So what are you going to do? I am giving full liberty to stab me, but you are passing it."

Daniel asked, "Aren't you afraid of dying? Because once I start, I won't stop."

Ruby said, "Death is another part of living."

Daniel asked, "You are not afraid?"

Ruby smirked darkly, "A small taste of death is not a bad thing."

Daniel said in disbelieve, "How can you be so coy with death?"

Ruby said, "You eavesdropped my conversation with Eric yesterday, you tell me."

Daniel remained impassive, and Ruby continued, "Death came to me daily basis when I was in my old pack. Death doesn't faze me--"

Daniel interrupted, "But your daughter and your pack do."

Ruby stood straighter and walked closer to him. She faced him with a nasty look and spoke, "I will be careful with your threats."

Daniel said with a steady voice, "I am not threatening or warning you. I am merely assessing."

Ruby said with some anger, "Let's cut the crap. You didn't come here to tell me that you don't want to kill me, so what do you want?"

Daniel smiled for the first time, "Nothing much, a future favour."

Ruby asked, "What favour?"

He shrugged his arms and said, "I don't know yet, I will tell you when I know."

Ruby continued, "What about the assessment?"

He said, "I won't interfere. You can join the group of Alphas, if they allow but after this I doubt."

Ruby sneered, "If they don't allow me into the group, then we have no deal."

Daniel said, "I think you are forgetting that I have the upper hand--"

Ruby shouted, "No, you are forgetting that I am a rogue Alpha. I have trained with my out of control wolves." Ruby starts to laugh darkly and walking to the knife. She continued, "You have no idea who I really am. Don't test me, Alpha Daniel."

Daniel asked, "If I do, will you kill me?"

Ruby said, "Death is too easy."

Daniel started, "What do y--"

But they were interrupted by another loud knock. She walked to the door and opened to find the rest of the Alphas on her doorstep.

They walked inside without an invitation and started questioning Daniel, "What are you doing here? Were you going to kill her? What is wrong with you?"

So many other questions were bombarded at Daniel but he kept staring at Ruby, and she stared at him back. After a while, they were able to get answers from Daniel.

He said that he came to talk with Ruby and everything was alright. Daniel runs out of Ruby's house and that left the other eight worried and wallowing in questions.