Chapter 35

She looked outside and saw that the sky was getting darker. She decided to drive to the pack house. As soon as she opened the door, Elena came running and giving a hug. Ruby kissed Elena's cheek and looked around. She could hear everyone cheering and happy.

She asked, "Where is everyone?"

Elena said with a wide smile, "In the dining room."

Ruby started to ask why were all they cheering, but as soon as she saw who was inside, she stopped on her tracks. She said loud enough, which left everyone quiet, "What are you all doing here?"

Ruby stared at all the nine Alphas who were celebrating about something with her pack. None of them talked, so she asked Isaac, "What is happening?"

Isaac answered, "They agreed with the merge. We can cross their borders and try to find our mates. We are so happy! Isn't this great?"

Ruby was confused, they had refused hours ago and she was ready to break the bad news. She needed to know what happens in between those hours, so she demanded, "All the Alphas, come to my office."

None of them argued, they followed Ruby to the office. She sat down behind the table and waited until all of them were inside and the door closed. She stared at all of them and asked, "What game are you playing?"

Ben asked, "Game?"

Ruby sneered, "Hours ago, you were ready to walk away. Hours ago, Daniel was ready to make a deal. Hours ago, you all didn't trust me."

Luke asked, "What deal, Daniel?"

Ruby interrupted Daniel from saying some nonsense, "Oh you don't know? He asked a deal instead of his desire to kill me, and you all act like saints."

Eric said, "We never said we were."

Ruby asked, "Are you sure? You come here and ask for several scenarios and insult me. I am not fake, gentlemen, so put your cards down and say why the sudden change."

All of them looked worried but Eric said, "The Queen wants to see you."

Ruby asked in disbelieve, "The Queen? Queen of what?"

Eric's anger started to increase, "Queen of England. Do you anyone else that is royalty?"

Ruby thought immediately of Jeremy as he was a vampire King, but she didn't say anything else. Eric took this opportunity and continued, "She wants to see you because she is looking for assassins and your pack is full of it."

Ruby spoke, "My pack is full of killers, not ignorance."

Ethan spoke, "She asked for you. She will explain everything to you."

Ruby thought out loud, "If the Queen wanted to see me, why not just tell me? Why did you tell my pack that they can--"

Eric interrupted, "Because we were testing you. You are right, they are changed and our pack already know the changes. You and your pack are officially one of us."

Ruby asked in disbelieve, "Really?"

Ben answered with a smile, "Really."

Ruby looked at Daniel and asked, "What about you, Daniel?"

Daniel responded in an instant, "Those wolves were working for someone else."

Ruby asked, "Who?"

Daniel said, "I don't know."

Ruby says, "Okay. But what about the deal, about owing something?"

Eric asks, "What does she mean, Daniel?"

Daniel ignored Eric and answered to Ruby, "That was another test. I wanted to see if you would cheat against them. I need to play the bad guy."

Ruby asked, "So this was all a test? Did you already make up your mind before you came here?"

Eric said, "No, we wanted to know your facilities."

Ruby felt that this was all a mind game, so she decided to something of her own.

Ruby sat back down and she asked them all, "You can join the others, I will be there shortly."

They all started to walk out of the door, when Ruby asked, "Eric, can I talk to you for a second?"

He nodded and Ruby waited till the door closed. As soon as that happens, she stood up and walked closer to Eric. She stared directly at him, he started, "What are--"

Ruby's eyes flickered crimson red and stayed like that. Eric spoke, "Those eyes..."

Ruby felt in control with her wolf and she brought her out. She knew she could control wolves into doing anything, so she decided to test by getting the truth out. She was taking a huge risk, but she spoke bringing Eric into a trance, "Is your name Eric?"

Eric said monotone, "Yes."

Ruby continued, "Good, now tell me why does the Queen want to see me?"

Eric said, "I don't know. She didn't tell us exactly, but is something to do about the hunters."

Ruby's crimson eyes flashed on anger, "Hunters?"

Ruby calmed herself down and so did her wolf. Ruby felt glad that she and her wolf were in sync. She continued, "Was all really a test? Like everything?"

He said, "Yes."

Ruby asked, "Was your story with Lizza true?"

He repeated, "Yes."

Ruby nodded and said her final words, "You will not remember this conversation, nor my red eyes."

Ruby brought her brown eyes out and he squeezed his eyes. He came out of the daze and looked at our proximity and asked, "What are you doing?"

Ruby looked into his confused face and she was sure that he didn't remember anything. She responded, "Nothing."

Eric said, "We should go outside."

Ruby said, "Yes, we should. After you."

Ruby let Eric lead the way, while smiling all the way. She was happy that her powers were working, her wolf was in control and the pack was happy.

But Ruby was worried about the conversation with the Queen.

*****

Read, vote and comment!