Chapter 36

Two weeks later, everything changed.

The Alphas stayed for a week and a half to meet all the pack members and explore London. Except none of them knows about Canada, nor her violent wolves, which she was able to keep them a secret.

Jeremy didn't attempt to contact Ruby again, however, the news spread that he was dating a model. She found out in the newspaper, which Jeremy owned hotel chains around the UK and therefore he was famous like Ruby.

She somewhere deep hoped that was a lie but she had witnessed that he having dinner with a woman. At that moment, her heart broke more but she ignored the shattering sounds and Ruby started work on her projects, which she was able to get some of the ideas out and assessed with her clients.

Ruby, Elena and all nine Alphas travelled back to Hawes for holidays and they all stayed at Eric's mansion. Ruby and Elena were waiting at the café with Elena for the nine Alphas to come. Elena asked, "Mummy, where is Alpha Ben, Eric, Dan, Ethan, Luke, Jacob, Finn, Oliver and Roberto?"

Ruby looked at her daughter happy and thought of the past week and a half. The Alphas and Elena became close together and they loved her like their own. They quickly became their family and they accepted all of them like they are. Ruby answered, "Will be here soon, sweets."

A shadow blocked the sun and Ruby looked up to see a man in a black suit and with an ear piece. Ruby's wolf was alert and asked, "How can I help you?"

The shadow man said, "Ma'am, you are coming with me."

Ruby was getting angry at the man and demanded, "And why would I do that?"

The shadow man continued, "The Queen wants to see you."

Ruby stood up and asked, "The Queen."

The shadow man nodded and said, "Let's go."

Ruby took her belongings and Elena in one hand. She was excited to meet the Queen, while Ruby was nervous and wired to talk to her. Ruby asked herself which way would it go... A quick talk or the other way...

Ruby kept walking to the car and pondering on her head. She kicked herself to bring Elena with her, but she couldn't do anything. Ruby knew that she could defend herself but she was a mother hen and she wanted to protect from any harm.

Their car journey reached and Ruby faced Eric's mansion. The meeting was at Eric, so why had he asked her to meet at the coffee shop if he knew that the Queen was coming. Ruby asked herself on what Eric and others might hiding.

The shadow man opened the door and Ruby and Elena got out. Elena runs outside and Ruby smelled the shadow man, which she found out that he was a human. The shadow man asked, "What are you doing?"

Ruby asked, "What is your name?"

The shadow man said, "Ernesto."

Ruby smiled and said, "Well, Ernesto, I was checking if you were a human, and you are."

Ernesto seemed angry and said, "You could have asked."

Ruby shrugged her arms and said, "I didn't know that you knew about werewolves."

Ernesto stood straighter and said, "I am the head of security, I have to know all the dangers."

Ruby asked, "Am I dangerous?"

Ernesto said, "Deciding."

Ruby smiled and walked inside to find all nine Alphas talking to each other and the Queen talking to Elena. She was still in a bubble on seeing the Queen in front of her smiling at her daughter. Ruby felt someone next to her and she looked. Eric smirked and asked, "Are you alright?"

Ruby cleared her throat and said, "Peachy."

Eric said, "Let's meet the Queen."

Ruby nodded and they walked near to the Queen. The Queen looked up and smiled, while Elena rushed to Ruby and said, "Mummy, she is a Queen."

Ruby nodded with a smile and said, "Nice to meet you, your majesty."

Queen said, "You must be Alpha of Rogue Pack, Alpha Ruby Warzone."

Ruby smiled and said, "Yes, my Queen."

Queen asked, "Why don't we go to Alpha Eric's office?"

Ruby nodded to the Queen and Ruby said to Elena, "Sweets, play with your uncles, okay?"

Elena nodded, "Yes, Mummy."

The Queen smiled and started walking towards the office, and Ruby followed her. They reached the office and Ruby closed the door. The Queen sat behind the desk with authority, while Ruby stood near to the door.

The Queen said, "Sit down."

*****

Read, vote and comment!