Four

She saw he sat at a table near the back of the room, without thinking she sat at the last table available near him. It was a table that sat 8 people yet she wanted to sit near him but not so close he would know what she was doing. She put down the books she was carrying before sitting herself down in the uncomfortable wooden chair.

She searched through her many books looking for one that interested her, she passed by many even thinking about reading the book on magical creatures but that would for sure tip the boy with the case off. She looked passed it and grabbed a different book, she had read this book many times before as she loved the way it was written.

She fell back in her seat trying to get comfortable before stealing a glance at the boy with the case, she swore he was looking at her too. She shook her head and began reading as she fell in love with every word that was written, a small smile appeared on her lips which then turned into a big smile. She smiled through three chapters trying to hold in a laugh, it worked up until the next chapter when a cheesy joke was told. She let out a snort. Yes, a snort. She felt the stares burning through her but instead of being embarrassed, she let out a little giggle trying to cover up the noise she just made. She shook her head slightly as she continued to read, she hoped nobody was still staring at her as she was very embarrassed but like a normal human being she didn't want anyone to know.

She closed up her book placing her bookmark in between page 212 and 213, she placed the thick book on the tall pile collecting her things before slowly heading to the doors. She wanted to walk over to the boy with the case, she even felt herself walking slightly to the left to were he was sitting by himself. She chickened out and continued her path towards the doors but she couldn't help but sneak one last glance at the mysterious boy.

She turned her head and she was shocked to see the boy staring back at her, the two locked eyes as she walked into the hall with a new big smile plastered on her face.

Maybe, just maybe he thinks about her the way she thinks about him.