Chapter 38

Two days later, Ruby returned to London and back to her life.

During the next days, Ruby had time to organise a few client's events and they were running perfectly. Ruby could still remember when she arrived at the pack house and she was bombarded with questions.

She explained the pack about the deal that she made with the Queen and they were happy to be considered as royal and part of something. They were excited about the party as all the pack members from different England regions were coming to the ball that the Queen had organised.

Ruby was looking at her mirror self and noticed the dress that she was wearing. It was a simple blue long dress with no glitter or diamonds. It blue showed sincerity and boldness of who she was. the dress was sent from the Queen, along with a note that welcomed her to the royal group.

Elena rushed in her white dress with pearls as a necklace. Ruby smiled at her daughter and Elena said while twirling, "Mummy, look at my dress."

Ruby walked up to her and pecked a kiss on her cheek and said, "You look beautiful, sweets."

Elena grinned, "Thank you, Mummy. Let's go, Mummy, everyone is already here."

Ruby nodded at Elena and followed her daughter downstairs. When Ruby reached the stairs, every head moved to her direction giving their full attention to her. She felt a bit uncomfortable for she hid it well.

Ruby could hear the soft music playing on the background and bright lights shining all around Ruby's mansion. She was so overjoyed when the Queen said that the party would take place at her residence.

Ruby walked downstairs slowly with a smile and when she reached down, Eric came next to her. He said, "Shall we, Alpha Warzone?"

Ruby smile and said, "We shall."

Eric pulled her to the dancefloor, where no couples were dancing. Eric held her close and in his arms. He started twirling leaving Ruby laughing lightly and she said, "You will make me dizzy."

Eric smirked, "As long as you fall into my arms."

Ruby was surprised with that response. Yes, she agreed that she had seen a change from arrogance to humble. Once, Ruby knew him, he was talking calmly and was very attentive. But when he said that something on that moment had changed.

Ruby was about to ask what he meant, when Elena tugged her dress, "Mummy and Uncle Eric, I want to eat."

Ruby smiled and looked back at Eric, who had the same expression with a glint in his eyes. Ruby knew that the Alphas, especially Eric, loved Elena like their own daughter.

Ruby appreciated that they felt so close to her, it was like Elena had that power to shine a light on everyone. She believed that Elena was special because she is the reason that her pack is so much better.

Eric said, "Let's go and get some food."

Ruby and Eric walked to the table full of food with Elena. Elena told them what she wanted and they gave to her. Ruby placed Elena at a table with Ben but waited till Elena had cleaned the plate.

Ruby told her to play with Ben and she walked back to Eric. Ruby smiled at him and said, "What are you doing here all alone?"

Eric smirked, "Waiting for you."

Ruby was about to make a remark when the wind flowed swiftly. The air started shifting and turned cold, but also warm.

Emotions that evoked inside of Ruby were all over the place and she dreaded to turn around. Ruby heard a growl from Eric and looked at him, who was looking right behind her.

More growls erupted in the air and sudden tension stayed around. Ruby finally gathered all the energy and turned around.

There she saw the man that had broken her heart in one way that destroyed her every day. He was looking directly at me and the proximity that was between her and Eric.

She didn't dare to blink or breathe, she remained there still unsure of how to react.

*****

Read, vote and comment!