Chapter 47

She breathed the air and after so long she felt free from her past.

The more that she runs in her human form, the more she felt like a big weight was lifted off her shoulders.

She no long lived in the past. The present became beautiful and the future looked bright. She stopped in her tracks when she was in the middle of the woods.

She closed her eyes and breathed the air. A smile played on her face as she remembered how she met Elena, Jeremy and the pack. It all felt so long but on her mind it was the best days of her life.

A small twig snapped in the distance and Ruby opened her eyes. She turned around and came face-to-face with a werewolf with light red eyes. Ruby knew that was the rogue that she was looking for.

Her wolf was irritated that he didn't show respect, but she assured her wolf that he didn't know and that way her wolf calmed down.

The rogue growled and Ruby smiled and said, "Hello."

His expression turned from surprised to angry quickly. She could feel that he was trying to protect himself as she showed him a danger. But all Ruby wanted was to take care of him.

She looked at him and he looked an adult, around mid-20s. Ruby continued, "My name is Ruby."

The rogue growled and his wolf was out said, "I don't care but I will enjoy killing you."

Ruby asked, "Why?"

The rogue was shocked with her question but answered, "It is either you or me."

Ruby's eyes turned into crimson red and growled slightly at him. She showed her wolf had more control than him, which resulted him bowing his head. Ruby demanded, "Look at me!"

He immediately complied and looked into her red eyes and she could see so many questions forming. Ruby started, "I am Alpha Warzone from Rogue Pack. I take all the rogues in."

He said, "So what?"

Ruby smiled, "I want you to join my pack."

He sneered, "Who would take a killer like me? You?"

Ruby laughed lightly, which caught the rogue's attention, "My pack is full of killers, even I have killed."

Ruby could see the battle in his eyes. She wanted the rogue to join but she wanted to give him the house that he needed.

She wanted to know wherever he could live with her or in Canada, "I just want to know why you killed those guards, was there any reason or because you like killing?"

The rogue said, "They killed my sister."

Ruby nodded and walked up to him and asked with a smile, "What is your name?"

He said, "Gabriel."

Ruby continued, "Gabriel, do you want to join my Rogue pack and can you accept me being the Alpha?"

Gabriel was about to say, when someone else intervened, "What are you doing?"

Ruby sighed and whispered to Gabriel with a flash of her crimson eyes, "Stay close and let me handle."

Gabriel looked worried but he was able to nod.

After that, Ruby stayed in front of Gabriel and greeted her new intruders. Peter said, "Get away from him. He is the rogue."

Ruby sighed once again and said, "I know."

Christian intervened, "Get out so we can kill him."

Ruby narrowed her eyes and defended, "I dare you, mutt. He is part of me."