17 - "Their Family History"

Cilia felt a little self conscious in her cheap Target jeans and grass green turtle neck long sleeve shirt, but she had to stick to simple and affordable clothing. There were only a few pieces of expensive and fancy looking things she owned, and she only tried to wear them when she was only going out to parties or to a really important social event.

Cilia stood in the middle of Breeze's kitchen, intensely reading the sentences from the cookbook. It's been a few days of them texting and calling, but after both of them found a day their schedules were clear they decided to meet up—with Cilia coming over to Breeze's place as usual.

"You just cooking spaghetti and meatballs ma, it was never that serious." Breeze said from his brown sectional, looking at how hard Cilia was staring at the cookbook.

"Shut up Dion," She mumbled, following the instructions that told her to open the can of tomato sauce. Cilia turned the fire on low and dumped the tomato sauce in the pan.

Breeze smirked at her, watching the lines in her forehead as her fingertips turned yellow from how tight she was gripping the book. He could bet if he had an apron here she would have probably put the shit on.

Cilia opened up several more jars of tomato sauce and began dumping it into the pot to let it heat up. She then got the metal table spoon and began stirring the pot, right before putting the cover over it. Breeze's cellphone rang and Cilia looked over her shoulder once she noticed him leaving the room.

"Hello?" She heard him say pleasantly, right before his voice faded out into another room.

She had to wonder if it was the same person from last time that had been blowing him up when they were watching that movie Belly, but from the pleasant tone of his voice, it didn't sound like it.

Cilia hummed as she ripped open the pack of defrosted turkey meatballs. She put them into the tomato sauce and began to stir just as her own phone started to ring. Really, she thought, irritated that someone wanted to call now. She brought the phone off her hip and saw Allele's name.

"Hey, whassup." Cilia asked, looking into the empty hallway for Breeze.

"Yeah you were right," Allele said, his voice low and smooth like velvet. He always sounded different on the phone. More manly and...sexy. "The bank only has two security guards and one bank teller on Mondays and Thursdays."

Now that they had $20,000 in their possession, they were making progress. But that still wasn't enough for the total amount they had to catch up too, so instead of continuing to rob people, the duo knew they had to step their game up. So they've been watching a local TD bank in Queens with the intentions of robbing it. It was highly risky and very dangerous, but the two knew they could pull it off.