3

Dates

Dates

Friday Night

Natalie sighed as she pulled the the black top over her head. She pulled on her jeans and turned around to face Lori.

"What do you think?" Natalie asked, spinning around so Lori could see every angle.

"Hot. I like it. So, I'm guessing Shane will love it," Lori said with a giggle.

Natalie went over to the bed and hit Lori playfully, making them both laugh so hard they fell onto the bed. That made them laugh even harder. Natalie heard the doorbell ring downstairs.

"Oh, shit," Natalie said, realizing how nervous she was.

"You'll be fine. If you put out, I'll kill you, Nat," Lori called after Natalie as she walked out of the room.

Natalie ran down the stairs, not because she was excited, but because she did not want her father to answer the door. She fixed her hair quickly and adjusted her outfit before opening the front door. Shane stood on her front porch, leaning against the doorframe with a smirk on his face.

"You look nice," he said with a smile.

"You think?" Natalie said, eyebrows raised, laughing gently.

Shane shook his head and laughed. Not only was Natalie breathtakingly beautiful, but she was sarcastic as hell and made him laugh. Not many girls around town could do that. And even if they could, no other girl had this effect on Shane Walsh. Ever since she walked up to him on that football field, he couldn't help but smile when he saw her walking in the hallway or when he saw her during her cheer practice.

"Come on. I've got a fun night planned," Shane said, offering Natalie his arm.

"I certainly hope you don't expect to have too much fun, Walsh. It is just a first date," Natalie said with a chuckle.

"Well, calling it a first date suggests that there'll be a second, so I can wait," Shane said, rubbing the back of his neck, laughing.

Natalie shook her head and took his arm. He walked her to his car. He opened up the passenger side door for her.

"What a gentleman," Natalie said sarcastically.

"My grandmother would kill me if she found out I didn't open a door for a lady," Shane said with a chuckle.

Natalie laughed and shook her head slightly, her dark brown waves falling in her face.

"You laughing at the thought of my grandmother killing me?" Shane asked, turning to look at her.

"Maybe," Natalie said, biting her lip, trying to keep herself from laughing.

Shane leaned forward in the seat, laughing hysterically at the sight. Natalie punched his arm playfully.

"Come on, Walsh. You promised a fun night. Let's get on the road, shall we?" Natalie said with a smile.

• • •