Chapter 10 | Spark

10

─── • ─── 

MILES

"I'm fucked." I throw my head into my hands. Jasper laughs, patting my back to comfort me. I invited him over for moral support because I have no clue what I'm doing with Isabella.

"Oh, you'll be fine, drama queen." He sips his beer. "And when did you get nervous for hookups?"

I lift my head. "This isn't a hookup."

"You finally settling down?" His eyebrow raises in surprise.

I sigh and slump back on my balcony chair, letting my limbs hang lifelessly. "I don't know what the fuck I'm doing, my head is so jumbled up right now."

"Do you think she's pretty?"

"More like beautiful," I whisper.

"Do you have more than just those legendary sex urges?"

I laugh and shake my head. "They're definitely there."

He pauses; a mischievous smirk creeps up his face. "Do you get nervous around her?"

"Fuck yeah, it is weird." I think about it each time I'm around Bell. She scares the shit out of me. I try to act cool, but I think she sees right through me.

"I think I have the answer you are too stupid to come up with yourself. You, my friend, have feelings for this girl. Do you know what those are? It's spelled f-e-e-l-i—" I punch him before he can finish. "Try denying them and it will come back to bite you in the ass."

This girl I had once deemed as easy to mess with is now messing with me. Maybe not intentionally, but she is definitely screwing with my emotions whether or not she knows it. I used to be the hunter, and she used to be the prey, but now I was the prey, and she was the one hunting me.

I have a feeling this girl just might be the end of me.

Maybe it's her personality that draws me in or the fact she didn't throw herself at me as other girls did. Then again, that might've been my fault, but for once it feels nice to work for something.

The night of the frat party, when I couldn't find her apartment key, I wasn't upset. The thought of her being a wall away from me had me smiling.

Something about her is intriguing; one minute she is quiet and reserved and the next she is telling me to fuck off. I like it. She is like a firework, quiet and unpredictable on the outside. But when lit, she is loud, colorful, and fascinating.

She isn't any ordinary firework though, no; her spark never goes out.

╔═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╗

INSTAGRAM & TWITTER: annasteffeyy

vote • comment • follow

Thanks for reading ♡

╚═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╝