Thoughtful Soulmates (SDMN) [Part 1]

People involved: Ethan, Tobi, Josh, Harry, Simon, Vik, JJ
Ships: Sidemen OT7
Word count: 982
Idea: An AU where you can communicate with your soulmate(s) through your thoughts. As you grow older, you learn to better control what they can and cannot hear etc.
Extra notes: Future Hope came back to say this is so weird to write because like it's all in their thoughts but I'm writing it as they said these things and it's messing with me. Enjoy the story now.
They're also in high school for this. Now I think I'm done. Until next time, Peace my Cheeses! I love you all <3

"I'm a goofy goober, yeah! You're a goofy goober, yeah!" The soulmate known to the others as Ethan began to sing very early that fateful morning. It was the day the seven soulmates would meet. It was a rare occasion that a group of seven would all be soulmates, but they had all the signs.
"We're all goofy goobers, yeah!" Another voice, known as Tobi, joined in to the very obnoxious singing of the SpongeBob song.
"Goofy goofy goober goober yeah!" The two sang together, Ethan's laughter slightly breaking into his conscious thought. Tobi chuckled as well, especially as he heard Josh groan.
"Why you do all feel the need to do this at, what time is it anyway?" Josh grumbled, annoyance clear in his thoughts.
"Oi, it wasn't all of us. Only certain people are annoying at this ungodly hour." Yet another, Harry, chimed in. "And it's only 7 in the morning for me. Oh for fucks sake-!" Harry cut off.
"He should be thanking us because we reminded him of whatever he had forgotten. Probably school, now that I think about it." Tobi said, cutting off at the end.
"You people are mad. I'm trying to focus on my friends' conversations with me and you guys are all I can hear." A new voice chimed in, surprise and a hint of anger in his tone. This was Simon, yet another one of the seven.
"Sometimes I wish they found out how to tune out your soulmates. Just, whenever you needed to you could just press a button and they'd shut up." Vik, number six of the seven, finally spoke, getting sounds of upset from some of the others.
"Well if you really want me to shut up that badly I can." Tobi spoke, cutting off at the end.
"I would offer the same but I never shut up." Ethan shared after, his laughter entering their minds.
"We noticed, don't worry Ethan." Simon added in, snickering afterwords at Ethan's hurt noises.
"Simon. I thought I could trust you." Ethan joked, betrayal seemingly lacing his thoughts. Simon's laughter broke through now.
"I don't know why. I'm kinda the worst person to trust here." Simon correct, laughter still in his words.
"It's true. He's a shit person." JJ, the final soulmate, spoke up. A noise of pain sounded through their ears before JJ grumbled something along the lines of prick.
"I keep forgetting you two know each other already and I get concerned sometimes." Vik said, a slight bit of nerve tainted his words.
"Tobi and I know each other too, ya know." Josh added in, seeming less grumpy as compared to when he first woke up.
"Yeah and it's a blessing. He's some sort of eye candy." Tobi piped up, laughing as Josh's sigh filled his mind.
"I'm actually really looking forward to meeting you all." Ethan spoke, some of the most genuine and serious words he had said in a couple days.
"As am I. I wanna know what you all look like." Harry said as he reentered the conversation.
"Well, obviously we are all hotter than hot." Simon's voice was suddenly very jocular, you could almost hear him flipping nonexistent hair.
"Speak for yourself Si." Vik grumbled in return, cutting off at the end.
"Yeah, we're not all as gorgeous as you seem to believe yourself to be." Harry pointed out, and Simon was quiet. They had come to assume that his silence was meant to be him pouting, as JJ told them Simon did that a lot.
"No but dudes, Simon's actually pretty hot though. Like I don't know about the rest of you, but Simon is phew." JJ corrected, sounding slightly distracted in his words.
"Oh stop staring Jide. I can feel your eyes boring into the back of my head." Simon groaned, as JJ let out a nervous chuckle.
"I don't know what you're talking about. I wasn't staring at your head." JJ spoke, and Ethan began to laugh.
"Ha ha, JJ got busted. JJ got busted." Ethan teased, snickering all the while.
"At least I could cuddle him when I get home." JJ replied, an indiscernible tone to his voice.
"Oi, I think those are fighting words." Vik chirped up, listening intently to what was happening.
"That hurt a little JJ, not gonna lie. But that's okay, one day we'll meet and Simon will fall so much more in love with me that I'll get more cuddles than you." Ethan boasted, Vik snickering as he listened.
"Oh my gosh. Why are you all such children? Just shut up so I can focus in class." Simon whined.
"Wow Si, you're actually trying to learn? That's a first." Vik mumbled, the thought nearly inaudible.
"Fight me Vik." Simon spoke, causing Tobi and Ethan to laugh.
"Nah mate, you'd win for sure. You could probably step on me, I'm so short." Vik argued back, Ethan's laughter now breaking through.
"Holy shit." Tobi spoke during the laughter, no one really comprehending it. "Yo Eth, turn your head to the left, will ya?" Tobi said louder this time, the rest being left confused.
"Wait, why?" Ethan asked, though it took him a minute to respond.
"Holy shit. Is that you Eth?" Tobi questioned.
"Wait, did you two just meet?" Vik asked, excitement in his voice.
"The one class we don't share. Go figure that'd be the class you met him in." Josh groaned. Tobi and Ethan remained silent for a few moments more.
"Damn you are one hot ginger." Tobi finally spoke, Ethan's laughter filling their heads.
"I'm really not. You are cute though." Ethan replied, his laughter still calming down. "After class we'll talk, yeah?"
"And that way you can meet Josh. We'll meet by our tree, sound good?" Tobi asked.
"Yeah, sounds good. I'm psyched, I didn't expect you to be a ginger." Josh added, joy in his voice.