Chapter 29

[SKYLAR'S POV]

"This is bad, oh Godric this is so bad!" I heard Harry yelling. He called for Ron and Hermione to get help and that was the last thing I heard before I blacked out.

When I woke up, I was in a large blue and white room that resembled beach very nicely. I looked to my left and saw my arm in a sling and I began to feel nauseous. I couldn't see any of my arm because it was bandaged so heavily, but the bandaging was completely red; not a spot on it was white.

I heard a bustling noise and Billappeared in the room with a small tray. "Oh good, you are awake!" He exclaimed happily. "I have brought more bandages for your arm. You haven't stopped bleeding since I put them on you yesterday!"

"I slept for a whole day?" I asked softly, thinking it was impossible. I know I sleep a lot, but there was no way I slept for a day.

"A day and a half actually," Bill responded, moving to my left so he could fix my bandages. The minute I saw my skin, i began to gag; it was completely blistered and bruised and the knife had cut directly down to the bone. "I've used as much magic as I can on it... I'm sorry I can't do any more to help."

"That's alright..." I stuttered. "I will get better though, right?"

Bill hesitated before responding. "The knife was poisoned, Skylar."

I felt myself stop breathing as soon as the words left her mouth. "What...?" I breathed in disbelief as tears sprang to my eyes. He put his hand on my shoulder but avoided my eyes. "...poisoned...?"

"I'm sorry, Skye. I really don't know how long you have until the poison takes affect, but there could still be time to get you to St. Mungo's. I dunno if they'll be of any help, considering the fact that the ministry is overrun by death-eaters... I'm not sure how the hospital is doing.... And--" If he said anything else, I didn't hear him.

"Poisoned? I'm poisoned?" I asked again, stupidly.

"Yes, Skye... you are, I'm sorry. The only thing we can do, I believe, is wait. No more magic can be used without the possibility of harming you further. The only thing we can do at this point in time is wait while you fight it," Bill said again.

"I dunno how to fight poison, Bill," I sighed. "I suppose it's like dying; you can fight it as hard as you want, but it always wins in the end."

"You sure won't beat it with that attitude," Hermione said from the doorway with her arms crossed and a small smirk on her face.

"Oh, shut it, Hermione. I'm sure you wouldn't have a positive attitude if someone told you that you were just poisoned. What do you expect me to do? Jump up and down for joy? Throw a party? Sing a song?" I shot back, grumpily.

"That's not what I'm saying at all, Skye. I'm just saying that half the battle is fought by how you look at it. If you give up before the battle even starts, how do you expect to win?" She replied.

"I guess that's true," I said thoughtfully. "I'm sorry... I wasn't thinking. It's just hard to be positive with so many negative things in my life right now."

"I understand. I know you won't think I understand, and I probably don't, but that doesn't mean I can't try to understand and try to help to the best of my abilities. Bill, do you think you could give us a minute?" Bill nodded slowly and gave us both skeptical looks before exiting the room. Hermione moved to where Bill had just been standing and kneeled at the side of my bed. "Skye, I know you don't want to hear it, but in order for you to survive for as long as possible, you know you need to forget about him, right? He's a negative stressor that you don't need. It's obvious which side he's chosen and it's not ours."