Chapter vii

I called the mystery man on my phone and he answered. The two of us talked after I had just gotten off of work. I usually worked from ten am to five pm, so it wasn't going to be too late for when I got home. We both talked for about an hour straight, and I smiled, as I heard his prominent English accent that gave me goosebumps just by hearing it.

"So, um....when should we go out for coffee?" I asked. He chuckled.

"Can you swing by Nia's cafe at eight?" He asked.

"Of course, I'll see you then." I said, and he hung up.

Once I'd gotten home from work, I started getting ready. Christmas music of course, played in the background and I smiled. That mystery guy sounded like a good guy, and I knew just by speaking to him over the phone that he had a kind and gentle spirit. My sister Tana, looked over at me with a smile.

"Ooh is someone going out tonight?" Tana asked giggling. I nodded and blushed.

"I'm just going out to get coffee with a guy, it's no big deal." I said, as I tried to play it cool.,

She smiled and I smiled right back. Nothing was going to happen between us, so why was I acting weird? It was just two adults going out for coffee. Nothing more, and nothing less. Tana smiled again and I rolled my eyes.

I honestly don't know why she was acting like this. It was almost as if she was trying to tell me something. Then again, this is my sister we're talking about. She was always up to something.

"Stop looking at me like that, it's not like he's going to be my boyfriend or husband." I said as I adjusted my sleeves. She just rolled her eyes at me and chuckled.

Everyone has been trying so hard to get me to date someone for the past week. Though relationships don't work like that. You need to get with someone who understands you. Someone who can feel your pain.

After getting ready I looked at my watch. It was six o'clock. I didn't want to be late, so I started to make my way out the door. Once I'd gotten back into my car, I turn the car on and started listening to Christmas music. Carrie Underwood's rendition of Do You Hear What I Hear, had been playing on the radio station.

I started to think about the night how it was going to end, and how things were going to turn out for me. Perhaps Tana was right. Perhaps this was a date. Though if he really knew what my situation was, he would probably drop me in no time.

People always judge girls who got pregnant early. I never really understood why though. Sure they had sex at a young age, but some teen moms actually become mature from the experience. Once I had gotten to Nia's, I got out and walked in. I decided to wait for him.

I was wearing a red turtleneck, black leggings, copper coloured winter boots, and I also wore both a black jacket and eret I sighed and thought.

'Hopefully this night wouldn't be so much of a disaster...'