chapter eleven

Jordan's breathing is laboured and it feels like her head is spinning in circles. She's running as fast as she can, being in heels and all. The reason of the blondes girl glorious idea to run in heels—and most likely twist her ankle in the process—is because of Elena's phone call. Before Jordan even had the time to process what Elena was saying, her screams had echoed through the phone before the line was cut off. Jordan hopes for the best, but assumes the worst. The worst case scenarios are slipping through her head, the one even crazier and more far-fetched than the other, but all so possible to be true.

Fortunately, Mystic Falls isn't all that big, and it doesn't take Jordan very long to arrive at her front door. She pushes with her shoulder against the door, hoping she can muster enough force to slam it open, and—at the time—not caring if she twists it. Jordan, however, doesn't sprain her shoulder while bouncing against the door, nor does she have to worry about buying a new one, because the door creaks open on its own. Having the door creaked open doesn't satisfy Jordan in anyway, because non of her relatives would ever leave the door open, especially not Elena.

"Elena! Elena answer me!" The panic begins to seep into Jordans skin, all the way to her bones. "Elena, please." Her last words barely audible.

"In here," a voice echoes from the living room.

Jordan practically runs towards the living room where Elena, Stefan and Damon are all hunched together. A heavy weight lifts itself off of her shoulders and a choked sob escapes her throat. "What happened? You said someone was in our house?" Jordan sits next to Elena on the couch and gives her a bone crushing hug.

"Someone attacked dear Elena over here," Damon says when no one else answers Jordan. "We are certain it is a vampire, but we don't know who it is nor how he got inside."

Jordans eyes widen, "There are more vampires in Mystic Falls?"

Damon grunts, obviously not happy that more of his species have decided to torment the little town, "Seems like it."

"He was invited in, last night when we ordered pizza. He posed as the pizza delivery guy." Elena timidly speaks up.

Jordan raises her eyebrows, "Smart, I'll give him that."

Elena throws her sister a look. The vampire might be their new problem, but Elena is more worried about Jordan and her reaction to being adopted. She had never seen her sister that...empty.

"We probably don't know what he wanted, the question is, however, was he alone?" Jordan turns to Stefan and Damon. "Do vampires, you know, travel in packs?"

Damon rolls his eyes, "We are no wolves you know."

Irritated, Jordan shakes her head, "Yeah I get that, but shouldn't we consider the possibility that he isn't alone, that he has other vampire friends who can rip us humans apart at any given moment?"

Elena shudders at Jordans words. She doesn't want trouble with other vampires, she just wants to live peacefully with her family and friends, but because of her, that is never going to happen. Elena sighs. She just had to be the one to get everyone she loves dragged into her mess.

Damon lifts himself off of the armchair while nodding his head, "You're right, obviously. Most vampires 'travel in packs'," he repeats Jordans words to mock her, "because it is easier to hunt. You're less vulnerable and more powerful that way."

Elena looks scared. Jordans muscles stiffen, and her expression darkens. She bites the insides of her cheeks anxiously while her eyes lose focus on any point. She drifts away in her thoughts, worried about the vampires and how to handle them. A human, like her, against a vampire? She'll be dead within twenty seconds. That is, however, not the thing that worries her, but the fact that if they can kill her they can kill her family too.